1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trad-Cal Dictionary

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Revmitchell, May 16, 2018.

1. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who are those who call on the Lord?

2. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those that Believe :)

3. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, who are those who believe as they call on the Lord?

4. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who will call on the Lord?

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And who will believe. (Do you see that you have gone around in a circle? Your responses are a perfect example of circular reasoning.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know who will believe, that's why I share the gospel with everyone possible :)

7. SovereignGrace

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We don't know who the who's are either, so we, too, preach, teach, witness to everyone we can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Amen--great ministry philosophy!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am sure you know that is dodging the question. The question is "who will believe?" What causes them to believe? Why does one person believe and another does not?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and those would br shown by them doing that to be the very elect of God...

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those to whom intended to have the Grace of God applied towards, those whom the death of jesus actually paid and atoned for their sin debt!

12. Katarina Von Bora

Katarina Von Bora Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Rick Patrick is rabidly anti Calvinists. I don't believe a word he says.

13. Katarina Von Bora

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ummmm, no!

John 6:44 King James Version (KJV)

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 9:14-24 King James Version (KJV)

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Katarina Von Bora

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

Once again:

John 6:44 King James Version (KJV)

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Romans 9:14-24 King James Version (KJV)

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.

19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

There you have it. God shows mercy to whom He will show mercy and will harden others. That's what the Bible says.

• Like Like x 2
  15. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    In the last day, that great of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Spirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.) John 7:37-39

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: from John 16:13

But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: 2 Thes 2:13

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Rev 22:17

Who, will believe?

Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name. Acts 15:14
    “So God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, Acts 15:8 NKJV

Not to give all of them but to take out of them.

#95 percho, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2