1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity College of the Bible

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by greek geek, Jan 5, 2006.

1. greek geek

greek geek New Member

Has anyone ever heard of Trinity College of the Bible? I have a friend who is looking into going to the school and asked me if I have ever heard about it. I would appreciate any info on the school especially first hand info. (I have checked out their website.)

thanks

2. Archei

Archei New Member

There are many trinities. Is this one specifically named "of the Bible" or is it one of the myriad trinities...

3. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trinity College of the Bible in Newburgh, Indiana, is a good external program, going for full accreditation.

BUT . . nothing will beat face-to-face instruction. Trinity would be a good supplement if you needed 30 credits to finish a degree or if you are just going for a few classes. I would never recommend a complete college education by distance education.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Try to find out which Trinity. I have listed the two major schools (by that name) below. Click on their names to see their webpage:

Trinity Evangelical Divinity School

Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary

Trinity Evangelical Divinity school has a very good reputation, and they are regionally accredited.

Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary, on the other hand, does not have a very good reputation. Most schools will not accept degrees or transfer credits from TCBTS at this time. However the school is now a candidate with the Higher Learning Commission and an Affiliate of the North Central Association to be regionally accredited. If they gain full accreditation status it will greatly benefit Trinity and their alumni. However I would still check with other schools to make sure they will accept credits/degrees from Trinity at that time. Having said this, however, I am told the programs of study are very good. So I guess it depends if accreditation is important to your friend or not.

In Christ,
    Martin. [​IMG]

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

I don't understand thier language requirements.Only one year of greek and one year of hebrew and they are ready to go?

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Which school?

7. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

TCB&TS one year of each language.

8. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Hey Dr. Bob, here is a question for some esoteric knowledge that you may know. Is Newburgh Theological Seminary (IN) a split off Trinity? Did Timothy Rogers leave Trinity and start this school? If so, what's the scoop?