1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trinity School of Apologetics

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by PASTOR MHG, Jun 5, 2007.

1. PASTOR MHG

PASTOR MHG New Member

Does anyone have any thoughts good or bad about the Trinity School of Apologetics and Theology?

2. IronWill

IronWill New Member

This one? Don't know much about it at all.

3. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

Not impressed

Although I cannot claim extensive knowledge on this school, I am not impressed by what I see. They make big promises but I cannot find where they produce what they promise. The faculty seems too small and limited for what they profess to offer. Also, I cannot verify the validity of the proclaimed academic credentials of their faculty. The few materials from this school that I sampled are not what I consider serious scholarship or rigor worthy of the degrees offered. Furthermore, it seems that the same people run several schools and/or enterprises under different names. No, I'm just not impressed at all. It's all hype and promises, IMHO.

4. IronWill

IronWill New Member

And, it's accredited in India, not the U.S., so not much help here.

5. paidagogos

paidagogos Active Member

When is accreditation not accreditation?

It appears to be accreditation by their own agency, not the government of India. I call this "self-accreditation" which carries no credibility but perhaps liability. :smilewinkgrin:

6. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

Some of thier reading material is really poor in my judgement.It almost looks as if they had not reviewed the books they use for classes or book reports.I could be wrong but that is the impression I get.:tonofbricks:

7. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your in California, check out Biola University. They have offer a MA/Apologetics program in the online or evening formats.

http://www.biola.edu/academics/scs/apologetics/

Southern Evangelical Seminary also offers a MA, MDiv, DMin, and PhD in Apologetics. The MA, MDiv, and DMin can be done mostly online. The PhD is a resident program (I think).

http://www.ses.edu

Some of the major Southern Baptist Seminaries also offer MDiv programs in Apologetics. Check out Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary and New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary as two examples of this.

Liberty Theological Seminary and Graduate School offers a MA in Global Apologetics. However it is only offered in the residential format.

8. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't really know anything about the quality of their program, but I know their website has been around for quite a number of years. As I recall, they advertise that their focus is less on the academics and more on effective speaking and polemics, e.g., effectively countering others verbally..........but that is just from reading their website years ago.

I can recommend Southern Evangelical, which was mentioned earlier. Their distance education program has students listening/viewing the exact same classroom lectures, and doing the exact same assignments, as the resident students. I know, since I'm currently attending there.