1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Troopergate No. II

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/158738

2. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

yeah, it does sound familiar...reminds me of my 7 year old son fighting with my 11 year daughter over the TV remote control.
    There is nothing there, just like if you look at this alleged "trooper gate" without your bias you see there is nothing there. Apparently you guys have so little substance in your empty suit candidate all you can do is trump up these scandals in hopes of scaring someone into voting your way.
    I really do think my head will explode in the next 46 days.

3. targus

targus New Member

Crabtownboy, did you read the whole article?

At the end of your cut and paste piece we see this...

" A federal judge ultimately tossed the case, on legal grounds, and ordered Stambaugh to pay $22,000 of Palin's legal fees—proof, according to Griffin, that the case was "frivolous." Stambaugh says his dispute should be looked at in the context of others involving Palin. "It's not just me," he says. "It's Monegan, it's the librarian. The list goes on and on. She believes she can fire people for whatever reasons she wants." In Stambaugh's case, a judge ruled she could do just that."

This Stambaugh character not only got his day in court and lost - he got spanked.

Do you really think that this sort of stuff makes the Obama team look good?

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course I saw it. It is news. The judge tossed it on a legal technicality ... I don't know what it was.

5. targus

targus New Member

"On legal grounds" does not mean "a legal technicality".

I doubt that judges are in the habit of awarding $22,000 to be paid by the plaintiff when a case is "tossed out on a legal technicality".

My perception is that legal fees are awarded when the plaintiff had no grounds to bring the case in the first place. Awarding the legal fees can be used as a punishment for bringing a frivilous suit.

6. targus

targus New Member

Here is your "legal technicality"...

"Singleton did not rule on the validity of those claims, but said that under state law, police chiefs serve at the behest of the mayor unless otherwise specified by city ordinance."

From the Anchorage Daily News 03-03-2000

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Folks, be advised after next week all presidential election threads will be moved to the Politics Forum.