1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truckers for the Constitution

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Gina B, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Nope. Nothing's going to happen. They will be ignored. Deservedly.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I don't know what he's worried about. They've done this (similar group drives to call attention to issues) before and been calm and orderly. Most truckers I know are about the most decent people you'll find.

Trying to shut down the voice of the people is only going to fan flames of dissent. At least it should, if people still care about this nation. I've been a bit surprised to find people taking the time to actually bother even voicing unhappiness lately, let alone seeing the President's approval rating slip like it has so it seems people are getting mighty tired of not having their voices heard. Now that it's affecting more people personally and hitting them in the pocketbook.

You know, given that the average truck driver has more brains, common sense, and willingness to stand up for freedom and the rights of citizens than the average person working for us in Washington seems to have right now, I wonder what would happen if we switched out each member of congress with one truck driver that was trying to drive up there. LOL I wonder how fast some common sense and a no-nonsense approach would fix half the garbage going on.

6. thisnumbersdisconnected

There are no plans to use the National Guard or anyone else to shut down the Beltway. The concept is another hair-brained idea found on one of you-know-who's conspiracy websites. Ignore him and he'll ...

Never mind ... we're stuck with him. But at least we don't have to read his nonsense.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That twitter account opens for me.

These guys and gals have no right or authority to interfere with traffic or arrest members of Congress.

#8 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013
  9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Listening live and saying they're going to be taking back the war memorials so they're not shut down and off limits for veterans. :flower:

Traffic closed down the one site, not other stuff. No conspiracy. They're making that clear that there was no conspiracy, they're getting tons of traffic on their various sites.