1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump, Democrats reach deal to enshrine DACA protections into law

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 13, 2017.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

9 month and the critics are salivating. "But but but, he didn't, he shoulda....."

I just sit back and laugh. Trump is also. His stand on this is perfect. He wants keep some victims of illegal immigration in the country so long as the problem is fixed. His critics want to see him throw these kids out because they think it will ruin his reelection prospects. So transparent.

God bless Donald Trump for doing the right thing and the smart thing.

3. Calminian

Site Supporter

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would be rather cautious in getting overly exuberant in praise of President Trump(or any person for that matter). Before Barack Obama became president and he decided to run for president as a Republican he was pretty much a typical New York liberal when he discussed public policy. Going back to his roots is not out of the question, especially as it gains him praise from two groups - the mainstream media for adjusting to the realities of Washington politics and his diehard supporters whose allegiance is to him and not to the GOP or conservatism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Calminian

Site Supporter

I don't think trusting the MSM can be categorized as "cautious." I'm trying to search for a kind word to describe it.

BTW, now even Nancy Pelosi is admitting no deal has be made on the Wall or anything else. LOL!

What have we learned from all this?

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump are pillars of truth-tellers?

7. Calminian

Site Supporter

I just have to smile. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It doesn't matter what the story is now. All that matters is the outcome.

Trump will cave and get practically nothing from the democrats and DACA will just be full blown amnesty. He has nothing to negotiate with.

Democrats know he will "revisit" DACA if no legislation is passed. They have no motivation to make any concessions.

Dumbest move of his presidency to date.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Calminian

Site Supporter

I see your disappointed the narrative about him this morning is not true. Now you're back to insulting him. You and ITL should be apologizing to him for pushing stories that weren't true.

10. Calminian

Site Supporter

On the floor laughing.

Predictions predictions predictions. Trump haters never tire of making them and never tire of being wrong. :)

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ^^ THIS ^^

12. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh boy. Carpro a Trump hater?

That's about par for BB, though. If you disagree with Trump on anything, you hate him, according to Trumpies.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Analysis: Donald Trump Is Getting Rolled on DACA - Breitbart

Analysis: Donald Trump Is Getting Rolled on DACA

President Donald Trump and Democratic Party leaders have reached a deal on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program — or they are very near a deal, after a dinner Wednesday night between Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-NY).
    The rough terms are that DACA beneficiaries can stay in the U.S., in exchange for “border security.” That is not a good deal for Trump.

In a series of tweets Thursday morning, Trump let slip just how bad the deal is. He insisted that the border wall “will continue to be built,” though the government has not even chosen a design and contractor for the wall, let alone funded it.

He also adopted Democrats’ talking points in favor of DACA (“good, educated and accomplished young people … no fault of their own”) and mentioned “BIG border security” without any further elaboration.

We do not know the details of the DACA deal yet — nor do our leaders — but the parameters that are being discussed suggest that Trump is “getting rolled.”

14. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was thinking the same thing. Given how much Carpo and I debated about Trump during the primaries and the general election I wonder how he feels to be given one of those Trump Hater Cards now since he is not as enamored with Trump as others are.

Carpo feel free to chalk that up as a win though since as my signature says when the Trump hater card is played you have won the argument.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Simply means Cal hasn't been paying attention.

I am still very much a Trump supporter. I am still glad he defeated Hillary.

That doesn't mean I am blind to his failures and this looks like it will be a big one.
    Democrats can never be trusted. Neither can Republican leadership. Apparently, He still has to learn this lesson.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

#36 TCassidy, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  17. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think the DACA fiasco is a total loss for the President.

It's a message to the GOP - OK don't support me, I'll get stuff done with Nancy and company.
    You won't like it, but I will get stuff done.

Personally It's OK with me to allow the Dreamers earned citizenship - military, public service, etc.. that has been my position and I have said so.
    The rule however should be canceled TODAY. Flat out amnesty - I'll have to live with it.

After having to live with the Obama fiascos it's small comparatively (ObamaCare, atrocious Veteran Services, IRS persecution of conservatives, Benghazi, Arms to Mexico, etc, etc, etc ...).

Neil Gorsuch - The POTUS has fulfilled my one and only requirement, go back from before the election and see my requirement.

HankD (Deplorable former Democrat).

18. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, you voted for Trump, but lately it's fair to say you've become a Trump-detractor. Any negative MSM story, you're all over it.

And you've joined the rest in predicting he'll abandon his issues and voters. Look at your prediction:

Sorry, that's not a Trump-supporter. You're hating him, not for what he's done, but what you predict he'll do. I no longer see the difference between you, ITL and BW. Please change my mind.

BTW, even Chuck Schumer is now admitting there's no deal.

Edit: LOL, sorry, I actually thought his middle initial was U. Should have known that was Rush's embellishment.

#38 Calminian, Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  19. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Get stuff done." Is that all he needs to do? Get stuff done? With no regards as to WHAT is being done?

So how about mandatory government paid maternity leave?
    Federally funded child care benefit plan?
    Minimum wage of $15?
    Single payer government run health care system?
    Increased food stamp benefits?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Calminian

Site Supporter

Agreed. Most of these people don't speak Spanish and don't even have accents. They would have no clue how to function in Mexico. Most conservatives are fine with making a deal on this.

And think about it. The Republican Congress and Senate have to approve the deal, and their conservative members are going to put up a stink. Trump is actually in a great position, playing mediator, with a veto card.