1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Hailed as ‘Most Pro-Life President in Modern History’

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Nov 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I've already said that myself.

HankD

2. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So? BTW, I've said it before FTW - I am a former JFK Democrat. I am not a Republican. My political label is - independent (small 'i").

HankD

3. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If you don't support Republicans you are not a part of this subterfuge. But who have you voted for in the past?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That I will not divulge except to say BOTH Democrat and Republican presidential candidates (and other offices).

HankD

5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fine. That's what I've done too.The only real reason I'm registered as a Democrat is so I can vote in the primaries.

6. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You should vote pro-life, period, and stop making excuses. Every 33 seconds a baby is murdered. If the church was united, this would not be happening.

7. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do vote pro-life. I've been against the last 3 wars and our murderous gun laws. As far as voting Republican just for abortion forget it. They haven't done anything about their Roe vs. Wade decision in 45 years. Do you take ownership of the FACT that we have legalized abortion in the whole country because of the party YOU vote for? You should votew p0ro-life.

8. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So would I. You've been taken by the Republican party and vote for atheist, immoral, charlatans like Trump because of that. Are you aware there's another way to change the Constitution other than through the Supreme Court? It's by getting a vote by 2/3 of the State legislatures to support the change. I think the GOP might already have that. Why aren't they saying anything about that. Do you think only unborn children's lives are precious to God? That seems to be the case when you support murdering "the born."

Isn't 45 years long enough to change the decision that a REPUBLICAN Supreme Court made in Roe vs. Wade? How long will it take? 100 years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Calminian

Site Supporter

So let me get this straight. You'll vote to save the unborn, but only if a Christian is the candidate. If a non-believer is wiling to save the unborn you think you are pleasing God by turning your back letting them die until you can get a Christian in office.

I have a suspicion, though, you wouldn't mind an unbeliever saving your life. I bet if criminals were trying to hurt you or your family, you'd call the police, and wouldn't care about the religion of the cop trying to save you. If you found out the officer arriving on the scene was an atheist, something tells me you wouldn't turn him away. But the the unborn can only be saved by a Christian President. Isn't it interesting how much you value your own life over theirs? Amazingly selfish.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't say I would only vote for a true Christian. I said I couldn't support someone as evil as Trump. I also find it difficult to vote for liars and obvious hypocrites like many in the GOP. McConnell told the people of KY (including the coal miners who Trump keeps talking about) that he would repeal ObamaCare but they could keep their insurance which is known as Kynect. Kynect IS OBAMACARE. He LIED to them. I respect the police and obey them. I don't ask what their beliefs are.

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

So Trump, who is making very good steps toward saving millions of future unborn kids is evil. And you, who turn your back on them, continually, every election cycle, are good? That is an amazing theological backflip you are performing.

And you would gladly call a cop to save you, even an evil Republican cop, but you won't grant the same grace to the most innocent of all human beings, an unborn child. Amazingly selfish.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump supports choice. He said that in an interview a few years ago. he said that you would expect someone like him who has lived in Manhattan all his life to have different (mor liberal) views than someone in Iowa. He's fooled all of you by now lying to say he's against abortion. I'm against the vast majority of abortions (except to save the mother's life or perhaps in cases of incest/rape). I'm going to copy this statement and reply with it because you and many others keep lying about my position on abortion. Do you believe the lives of the "born" are m,eaningless so you don't support medical care and food for the needy?

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Even the Catholic church supports President Trump as "the most pro-life president in recent memory" and gives evidences such as the appointment of Neil Gorsuch as a SCOTUS Justice.

Catholic Trump Adviser: So Far, He’s Lived Up to His Pro-Life Words

HankD

#73 HankD, Nov 20, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, by their actions (or lack thereof) the Republican party with their foot dragging hasn't done so well either, the slaughter continues as you have pointed out.

On this we agree.

HankD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.