1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Owns CNN's Jim Acosta

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Nov 7, 2018.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, thank you. I agreed with you from the beginning and I thought that you started a good thread because I remember better days in America.

It was her job to give the microphone to the next reporter. Someone gave her a command. Acosta should have surrendered the floor and the microphone at that point. He cannot order the President of the United States. Personally, I think that CNN should fire him.

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wish that young woman would have looked Acosta right in the eye and said, "The President of the United States just told you to put the microphone down. My job is to handle the microphone. Give it to me!" And then simply glared at him until he gave it up. If he didn't give it up, I would hope she would wrestle it away from him.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmm, black belts only should apply for microphone handler!

4. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She probably could have beat him up. Did you think Trump was angry when he stepped away from the podium? Cuban communist dissident Silvio Canto says that Trump should leave CNN alone because no one ever watches them. He should favor reporters from successful business organizations.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes when I saw President Trump's body language I felt his vibes - he wanted to physically assault Acosta but he did a good job of restraint.

Imagine the hulabaloo if he had stepped down from the podium and punched his lights out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now though, both CNN and Fox news have joined together in a law suite to try to have the White House restore his white house pass, as they are claiming violation of his first amendment rights, as he has the right to ask and abuse the president!

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acosta wouldn't shut up long enough for her to be heard.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN lawyers prevailed and Acosta gets his press pass back.

Apparently, a press association decides who can attend White House press conferences. I think that the President should decide who gets to enter the White House for any reason.

CNN has so few viewers that I wonder why they are even invited to cover anything by anybody anywhere anytime?

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the administration wanted to appeal the decision, it would eventually be reversed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump will just refuse to call on CNN in the future unless they remove Acosta. I don't think that Obama ever called on Fox News, although Fox never stooped to the grandstanding that Acosta does day after day. Acosta is a nasty guy.

12. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He's not a reporter at all. He's a left wing activist.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The judge issued a temporary restraining order forcing the White House to give back Acosta's "elevated" White House pass. There was no legal decision rendered. As much as CNN crowed about it being a free speech issue, the judge never mentioned the 1st amendment. Instead he instructed the White House to draw up rules for reporters, which they are doing.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A ruling is imminent and I suspect, based on the restraining order, that it will be an unconstitutional ruling. The restraining order was out of order as well. If they appeal it, it will be reversed. The judge is simply wrong on the issue.

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Klukowski: DOJ Should Appeal Court Order on CNN Acosta’s Press Pass

A federal judge ordered the Trump administration in Washington, DC, on Friday to restore the White House press credentials of CNN’s Jim Acosta. But the appellate precedent underlying that order is wrong, so the Justice Department should continue appealing it all the way to the Supreme Court, where the case should be dismissed under the political-question doctrine.

Judge Timothy Kelly, a Trump appointee to the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, held that stripping Acosta of his press credentials violated due process rights under the Fifth Amendment and issued a temporary restraining order (TRO) for immediate reinstatement while the litigation is ongoing.

Although the transcript of Kelly’s verbal order is not yet posted on the court’s docket, it appears that he ruled that the White House created a limited public forum by opening its grounds to reporters at all, and that certain due-process rights attach to any government action taking away those rights. Kelly ruled that the White House’s action lacked such procedural protections.

16. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It don't make sense to me. I can't walk into the White House and ask questions. I think that the White House should pick up the power to control absolutely which organizations and which individuals can enter the press conference. CNN has no viewers and Acosta is both nasty and low IQ.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The White House created a "limited public forum"? Really?

So during a Question & Answer session, the decorum which is well known to all WH reporters, Jim Acosta can lecture the President, hog the microphone, refuse to be quiet, slap at a female WH worker, interrupt other reporters, etc. etc.

Future presidents will thank Trump for bringing clarity and order to WH presidential appearances.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WH reporters have a couple of ways to access the White House. The highest and best level is getting a "hard" White House pass. That gives them daily access without any undue hassles. There is also a "soft" White House pass. That means the reporter must request access every day, sign in, and get issued a daily pass. Jim Acosta had his "hard" WH pass taken away. He still had access to the White House via a soft pass but he would have needed to jump through a couple of hoops to get inside. The judge ordered the WH to give him back his hard pass.

19. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The judge is , quite simply, wrong. He either misread precedent or ignored it out right.

20. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. He is an activist judge of some sort. He is charging money for a copy of his decision according to Mark Levin. Everything was done in secret and the press was not given any information.

No federal judge controls access to the White House.

The President should control what organizations are allowed in the White House as well as what reporters from those organizations. Dummies like Acosta should not be on national TV. We need reporters who are hard-working and honest. The Democrats have hidden behind the press because the Democrats have no leaders, but no Democrat would vote for a dummy like Acosta.