1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump prayer chain

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Matt Janes, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    If someone in our world needs prayer it's Donald Trump. He's easily the most powerful person in the world and his decisions could benefit or ruin countless lives.

Please leave a prayer for the president if you believe in Spiritual entities.

Heavenly Father, Mary, Jesus, Holy Spirit, all Angels, archangels and souls in heaven, surround Donald Trump, create a hedge of protection around him, keep the devil and all demons away from him, fill him with Grace, Enlighten him, change his heart, give him humility, Inspire his Tweets and help him to not make immature comments and insults, may he make all of the decisions that God wants him to make, purify him of racism, may he be the most blessed person on Earth, in Jesus name I pray.

Lord you said ask of the father in the name of Jesus and it will be done. Behold I have asked in the name of Jesus. You said ask and you shall receive , seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you. Behold I ask, I knocked, and I seek... Now please fill Trump with every Grace and virtue, fill him with the Holy Spirit, cover him in the blood of Jesus, and give him the full armor of God, in Jesus name I pray.

Anyone got a prayer for Donald Trump? When you pray, pray with great faith that your prayers can change the world. The prayers of Moses saved Israel from destruction. Moses literally got God to change his mind. Pray with faith that you can do the same

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    May almighty God get control of American government, Supreme Court, and Congress, and the media through sign wonder and prophetic words, in Jesus name.
    Father you said ask and you shall receive, may it be done in Jesus name. I thank you in advance for The Graces you will grant American government and all the world's leaders. Annoint and enlighten them all and annoint me and others to be Mighty prayer warriors for world leaders, so that the world may have healthy government and healthy leaders

#2 Matt Janes, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2018
  3. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Christ be Trump's light. Inspire his actions that he be a trumpet and mouthpiece of the most high.

Divine Providence willed Trump rise to lead the greatest military and economy, despite having no Government experience .

God chooses the most unlikely people. Let no deception, pride, lust, anger, covetousness, envy, laziness, gluttony, unforgiveness, or disbelief cause him to stumble and fall.

Father, you made this man with Destiny, make of him everything you desire him to be.

God's will be done, in Jesus name!

Give those Grace's to Nancy Pelosi and the spiritually starving left. Enlighten them, in Jesus name!

4. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, but we don't pray to Mary and we don't pray to angels.

It's bad enough that you pray to Mary. But, to add insult to injury, you place Mary above Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

Your posts appear to be a mix of Catholic superstition and Word of Faith nonsense.

Honestly, where do you people get this stuff?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL... you just wrote what I was thinking

• Like Like x 1
  6. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Jesus was seen with Moses and Elijah. Saul spoke with the spirit of Samuel. The poor man Lazarus was taken to Abraham's bosom. Abraham was interacting with the rich man in Hades. Abraham is alive and well.

I'm not Catholic by the way, I just found some Catholic devotions help me.

Let's not turn this into a debate. It is a prayer chain and I believe all of heaven assists in the battle against Satan.

The book of Revelation shows the souls worshipping God, singing hymns, playing instruments, making requests to Christ to avenge their martyrdom, and offering prayers for the saints on earth (Rev. 4:10, 5:8, 6:9-11).

It was a soul in heaven that led me back to Jesus, and I cannot thank her enough.

Also, nowhere in the Bible does it say that every belief one has must come from scripture.

When the church was finally deciding which Canon of scripture would composed the Old Testament and New Testament Canon, there was nothing in Scripture that told them which books to choose.

That goes to show that scripture is not the only Authority that determines what we are to believe.

7. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still doesn't mean we pray to Mary, angels, or dead people.

We're not Catholic.

You brought heresy and paganism in here. I'd say that makes it a debate.

Not what the Bible teaches.

Doesn't mean we pray to them.

No, it wasn't. "Souls" in Heaven don't even know you're alive and have no power.

What's more, the Bible tells us that it's the Holy Spirit who leads us to Christ, not your dead Aunt Martha.

Even if this were true, the BIble still says we're not to pray to Mary, to angels, to dead people, or that dead people help us fight Satan.

OK. I'll bite: What other authority do you believe supersedes scripture?

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    The first Christians were not Bible Christians. They did not have a Bible. They relied on Church Authority. The Bible came centuries later and most people were illiterate.

Sure if you want to turn this into a debate , we can do that. I didn't bring paganism to The Forum. If I taught people to worship other gods or taught that there were more than one God, that would be paganism.

Believing that all of Heaven is on our side and that we have friends and family in heaven, is not paganism.

I would encourage you to learn the definition of paganism before you start accusing someone of being a pagan. It really destroys your credibility, and shows that you've been painfully misinformed and lack knowledge

9. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Also, I never said it was okay to give the Adoration and worship that belongs to God Alone, to anyone that's less than God, so I find it unfathomable that you would think to accuse me of being pagan

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump101, pull in your horns. This is Baptist Board. JDF has posted what many of us hold to be true.

11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, they did have the scriptures.

Actually, you did. By suggesting that we pray to Mary, angels, and dead people, you did.

Biblically speaking, prayer is a form of worship.

Yes, praying to angels and to the dead is paganism.

You're the one who came to a Baptist message board to tell us to pray to Mary, dead people, and angels, so I wouldn't accuse others of a lack of credibility, if I were you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I didn't tell anybody to pray to Mary.
    I was asking the souls in heaven for help. I wasn't telling anybody else to pray in a way that makes them uncomfortable.

That isn't the same thing as worshiping them, to ask the whole host of Heaven for help.

Scripture says we are all one body in Christ. When a person dies they do not cease to be a member of the body of Christ.

We are all branches connected to Christ the True Vine. Therefore we are connected to the souls in heaven.

13. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, you did, along with angels and dead people.

Then, when pointed out that such a thing is not permitted for Christians, you doubled down on it and defended your paganism.

Let me guess: veneration?

True. However, they do cease to be alive to us.

Only from a distance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I never told anybody to pray that way. I chose to invoke the whole host of Heaven. That is no more worship then if I asked you to pray for me.

So please do pray for me you and who's ever reading this :)

And no I did not promote any paganism. I didn't say we should worship anyone other than God.

15. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, in internet etiquette, when you ask people to join you in prayer and then post a prayer, you are leading people in a prayer.

No. One is asking somebody to pray for you. The other is literally praying to someone, a dead person, no less.

Actually, you did. I'll be happy to quote your words for you again, if you like.

16. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    For 1500 years , virtually every Church on the face of the Earth approved of the practice of invoking the souls in heaven.

Apparently you're saying that every Church on the face of the Earth was Pagan for 1500 years.

Wasn't the Holy Spirit supposed to be guiding the church? You paint a picture of God like he isn't worth trusting , when every Church goes "Pagan" for over a thousand years.

Asking the souls in heaven to pray for you is not paganism.

Here:

Paganism is a term first used in the fourth century by early Christianity for populations of the Roman Empire who practiced polytheism, either because they were increasingly rural and provincial relative to the Christian population or because they were not milites Christi (soldiers of Christ)

Paganism - Wikipedia

I don't practice polytheism therefore I'm not Pagan. Remember what I said about credibility?

17. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all, I have to call bovine skubulon on this one. Show us your source.

Second, irrelevant. We don't get our doctrine from what other churches do, particularly not pagan churches.

No, that would be you saying that and then attributing it to me.

But it should be noted that the Catholic Church, which was the predominant church, was so corrupt and heretical that there was an eventual split between it and Bible believing Christians.

Yes. By the illumination of God's Word.

Actually, I never said any such thing.

You, on the other hand, have shown us that you believe God to be so untrustworthy with your prayers that you have to appeal to Mary, to dead people, and to angels to help.

Necromancy and worship of anyone other than God is the very definition of paganism.

Here:
    Thanks, but we don't get our doctrine from Wikipedia.

Then why ascribe the same power to God, Mary, dead people, and angels?

If only one of them is God, then why assume they each have a similar ability to hear your prayers and act on them?

Yes. Remember what I said about being the person who came to a Baptist message board and tried to get us to pray to Mary?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I didn't try to get anyone to pray to Mary. I simply left a prayer regarding my method of invoking the host of Heaven. I asked the souls in heaven to pray for Donald Trump. I don't see what the big deal that is.

So I asked another member of the body of Christ to intercede for someone. I really don't see anything in the New Covenant or new testament that condemns such a practice. There isn't. A lot of what was forbidden in the Old Testament is permitted for Christians. The Old Testament says to kill people for working on the wrong day of the week. No one in their right mind does that because we have a new covenant.

You'll have to find something other than Old Testament scriptures.

I'm sure I can point out plenty of scriptures in the Old Testament that you don't think should be followed either.

Regarding the church. Every Church on the face of the Earth for 1,500 years was Catholic or Orthodox. All of those churchs approved of invoking the souls in heaven.

Interesting that God knew that would happen, and not once in the New Testament did he speak against it.

I'm not Catholic because I don't believe in all of the dogmas and doctrines. However, I find it extremely harmless to invoke the souls in heaven and ask for their prayers.

19. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    And I don't ascribe the same power to God , Mary , or dead people. I believe they have the power of prayer and intercession. That isn't in any way making gods or goddesses of anybody

20. Matt Janes

Matt Janes Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I asked God if there was something wrong with me honoring his mother. He said, "consider that Mary gave birth to God. why would it bother me that you honor and respect my mother? At the wedding at Cana she got me to do what I didn't even want to do, but in obedience to the Commandment "honor your father and your mother", and in obedience to her request, I worked my first miracle reluctantly and turned water into wine. That is an example of how I listen to my mother's requests and obey them".

Should Mary be worshipped?. No that's idolatry. The scripture says all generations will call her blessed. So I bless the mother of God. I asked for her help. And that is supposed to offend God in what way?