1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump Sets the Internet on Fire After Announcing the Winners of the 'Fake News Awards'

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    President Donald Trump delivered on his promise of the “Fake News Awards” on Wednesday night.

It came it the form of a tweet that led to the GOP's website.

Trump tweeted:

[​IMG]Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

And the FAKE NEWS winners are...https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipated-2017-fake-news-awards/ …

8:00 PM - Jan 17, 2018
    Twitter Ads info and privacy

The link received traffic so quickly the GOP site went down for some users. But it's back up and running now.

Coming in at No. 1 was The New York Times's Paul Krugman. He was given the top spot for claiming the economy would never recover following the 2016 election. Krugman might be regretting his prediction as the stock market is at an all-time high.

The No. 2 spot went to ABC News's Brian Ross: “ABC News's Brian Ross CHOKES and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report,” read the explanation for his spot on the list.

Third on the list is CNN. CNN was picked for claiming Trump and his son, Donald Jr., were able to access sensitive material from WikiLeaks during the 2016 election.

No. 4 was Time Magazine. In January 2017, Time reporter Zeke Miller falsely reported that Trump removed of a bust of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. from the White House. He apologized for the error. Yet, it still created a big controversy just during the first month of Trump's time in office.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted a photo of the bust, debunking the story:

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]Sarah Sanders

✔@PressSec

Thanks to White House Chief of Staff for this wonderful picture of the MLK bust in the oval

8:50 PM - Jan 20, 2017

At No. 5 was The Washington Post's David Weigel for misrepresenting the attendance of a Trump rally in Florida:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

.@DaveWeigel @WashingtonPost put out a phony photo of an empty arena hours before I arrived @ the venue, w/ thousands of people outside, on their way in. Real photos now shown as I spoke. Packed house, many people unable to get in. Demand apology & retraction from FAKE NEWS WaPo!

5:01 PM - Dec 9, 2017

CNN found itself listed again, at No. 6. In November, it reported that during Trump's trip to Japan, he overfed fish by dumping his box of fish food in a pond. As it turned out, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzō Abe dumped his food first.

The seventh-ranked media story on the list was also by CNN. This time, it was due to a report about former White House communications director Anthony Scaramucci meeting with a Russian. The story was a big controversy at the time and led to three employees at CNN leaving. In addition, CNN added new guidelines for Russia-related content.

Coming in at No. 8 was Newsweek for reporting the first lady of Poland, Agata Kornhauser-Duda, did not shake Trump's hand during a visit:

View image on Twitter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]SIBOMANA Jean Bosco@sibomanaxyz999

Poland's first lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda reaches her hand to Melania Trump as Donald Trump reaches his hand for a handshake after his speech in Krasinski Square, with Polish President Andrzej Duda standing right, in Warsaw, Poland, Thursday, July 6, 2017. (Alik Keplicz/AP)

7:27 PM - Dec 5, 2017

CNN was picked for the ninth spot on the list, too: “CNN FALSELY reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation,” the description for the award read.

At No. 10 on the list is The New York Times for reporting Trump hid a climate report.

The last one to receive a “fake news” award was those promoting the idea that there was collusion with Russia.

Trump followed up his “Fake News Awards” with a tweet about reporters he likes:

Trump Sets the Internet on Fire After Announcing the Winners of the 'Fake News Awards'

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a great list. I didn't see but I suppose CNN and the NYT have to cover this story. Hilarious.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NYTimes must have felt guilty or something as they handed over their entire op-ed page to Trump supporters.

Opinion | ‘Vision, Chutzpah and Some Testosterone’

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Newsweek (Newsweek!) gets an early entry into next year's Fake News awards.

[​IMG]

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    CNN already in the running...
    ---

White House physician Ronny Jackson said on Tuesday that Trump was in "excellent health" after conducting the president’s physical exam at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last week. Jackson answered a variety of questions from skeptical reporters during a press briefing and repeatedly stated that Trump was perfectly fine, with the exception of needing cholesterol medicine and being slightly overweight.

But on Wednesday morning CNN Chief Medical Correspondent Sanjay Gupta, who did not examine Trump, took Jackson’s data and declared that Trump has heart disease, prompting instant ridicule from people on both sides of the political aisle.

“This is math. This is based on the numbers that Dr. Jackson provided,” Gupta said. “The president has heart disease.”

6. SheepWhisperer

SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't see MSNBC; They should be on the list too.

7. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't know why the image doesn't show. Here it is.

I think we all know what Newsweek is attempting to imply here.

Newsweek Trump Hair.JPG

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only listed the top 10; I'm sure they would be on the master list as well. Although when I've seen their "reporting" it's usually simply a rehashing of what was on CNN, NYTimes, Vox, The Atlantic, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1