1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump's Orlando Rally

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you questioning my salvation?

2. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Far be it from me, as long as you’re good with your choices..........

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you say that Christ was an idealist?

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seriously why would I be concerned who you vote for..... I mean, come on

5. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll have to stand before the Lord and say I didn't vote for the least of these.

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, this is false since Republicans are not against "the least of these". Using your logic you will have to stand before the Lord and say I did not vote to stop unborn children from being slaughtered in the womb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have told you 100 times that is not my position. YOU are taking away food, clothing, shelter and medical support from the least of these.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not your position? You don't support the dems or vote for them? How do I want to take away support from the least of these? When did I write a post saying that I wanted to do that? Provide the post or apologize.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, since you insist on semantics, I will rephrase the question: And what, based on your policy, has that party produced that should make you or anyone vote for it, I mean besides Bernie?

But let’s nip this in the bud and get to the real point. Unless a party is producing you say, “Don’t support” them. But how do they get into a position to produce without first being supported, without being voted in?

You were right to avoid my question, as your stance is unsupportable. It's illogical, fruitless, and even worse, counterproductive. It will certainly never lead to anything new that you might favor, but it will very likely lead to a great deal that you don’t like at all. Not that you really care, at least that's what you like to boast.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don’t boast, I tell the truth. You are the one that is confused. Trump ignores the NE at his own peril. He resists the area because it’s too hard to campaign in. So he goes where he has a constituency and he gets adoration. Do the hard work, turn the states you don’t get the adoration from and convert them. Show them what’s in it for them. Now you have a new rank and file that you didn’t have before.... thus you bump up your numbers. That’s only possible if you as a politician are confident in your capabilities... otherwise your just another ( let me use his own language) looser.

11. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Rolleyes Whether you tell the truth or not, your stance is untenable, unworkable, and you yourself don’t really follow it, which is a good reason you should keep avoiding its defense. :Thumbsup

You just seem to hate Trump so much that you cannot admit anything positive about his presidential performance, yet because of mere rhetoric you can tout Biden as having potential, despite his utterly dismal record.

Trump is hardly through with his second presidential campaign, or his first presidential term. I suspect a second is on the way. If the Lord allows, we'll see. :Wink :Smile

• Like Like x 1
  12. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, the East Coast Republicans went liberal and then the GOP disappeared from New England decades ago.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not mention New England. However there are areas of New Jersey that are Republican that he could cultivate... he just doesn’t want to put the effort in.

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you sir are chock full of horse manure. First, and foremost I neither love or hate your darling Trump. To hate the guy is really an emotion that I don’t invest in. I have no position but to take a wait and see attitude with the guy. He said recently he is getting rid of illegals, and my town has become sanctuary city USA, so I’m waiting. Campaign promise, reduction of taxes, only taxes have gone up. Hmmm... I’m waiting.

Oh and I’ve said repeatedly that Joe Biden is an old worn out politician who needs to step down. If he is the best that the Democrats have then that’s pretty old and lame, Now someone like Stacy Abrahms... first being black just might fit the bill. But to be honest I have not studied it enough to go forward.

So stop painting me with your false characters. I have no allegiance to either party.

15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I said NE I meant the North East... which does include New England however I could only speak for New Jersey, where oddly enough there are still pockets of Republicans. Fat Boy Chris Christy was able to gin them up and get Republican support at one point ... even to win two terms as governor but sadly he has been a disappointment. My point though is there still a Republican base here in the Garden State waiting and hoping for attention.

16. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you ever called the people receiving welfare "bums who need to get a job?" Do you support the Republican policy to cut food stamps, housing, medical care and education for the poor and middle class? Should immigrants looking for asylum in the U.S. be treated humanely? Children are put in cages sleeping on concrete and given minimal food/water. They are separated from their parents. God cares about all of these.

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes he does... but you are expecting people to be God and they just aren’t... not even close.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually not. I just try to act more and more like Jesus as I get older. Of course no one's perfect least of all me. But accusing me of "murdering the babies" because I support these kinks of efforts in unacceptable.

19. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a Southern Baptist by chance? If so it seems headed for an iceberg. The band is still playing though.

20. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are not ‘looking for asylum’. They are looking for easy pickings. They do NOT respect our country laws, if they did, they wouldn’t be showing up to sneak across the ‘border’. In their paid caravans they fly the flag of their real country. You make no sense. You are in agreement with policies that will turn our country into 3rd world lunacy which would devolve into tyranny. What a plan Stan.

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.