1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump's Orlando Rally

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    As you should know, I was referring to this sort of thing regarding your Biden vs Trump stance. Note that you herein tout rhetoric rather than performance regarding Biden.
    Instead of arguing aimlessly with strawmen and insults, why not just cite all of your posts that cut Trump as much slack as you did Biden here? As you said, "talk is cheap." I'm doubting you can come through on this, but did want to give you the opportunity.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are spreading false information. And there have been no cuts to welfare but I think that illegal aliens should not receive welfare, don't you?

And here is a video showing the expensive conditions in which these people are housed:

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have read that nevertrumpers dominate the GOP in New Jersey so that Trump would only be meeting with a handful of conservative Republicans there.

4. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting question. I call myself simply a Christian. I grew up in an SBC church but belonged to an American Baptist church while in NJ. Their belief statement is firmly grounded in the New Hampshire Confession of 1853. The SBC convention split off from the (then) Northern Baptist Convention (American now) over slavery. They waited until the 1990's to formally reject slavery. In addition, the SBC adopted a new belief in eternal security in the 1963 Baptist Faith and Message. They removed a statement similar to the one in the NH Conf. which said:
    XI. Of Perseverance of the Saints We believe that such only are real believers as endure unto the end: that their persevering attachment to Christ is the grand mark which distinguishes them from superficial professors; that a special providence watches over their welfare, and that they are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.

I strongly support the need to persevere until the end and therefore don't accept the change for the SBC. American Baptists retain the requirement for perseverance..
    I also reject tying a church or denomination to a political party. I don't believe that's Biblical. That's far more common for an SBC church than for an ABC church. This practice was begun by the "Christian Right" movement in the 1980's and resulted in the political takeover by the SBC by "fundamentalists." I supported the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship in countering this move.

My church was dual-aligned SBC/CBF but recently cut ties with the CBF. I didn't support doing that but that's what the church voted to do. I love my church and my many good Christian friends there so I've decided to stay. Many others were upset by this move as well.

So, bottom line is I'm a Christian attending an SBC church but don't agree with everything they do. Actually, when I think about it I would do the same in any church. I believe in the Priesthood of the Believer and can certainly fellowship with people who have some differences with me.

By the way, after Trump's victory I said to an assistant pastor this will do great damage to the Church, embracing someone as amoral (at best) as he is.

5. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Applying for asylum at a border stop for protection against dangerous conditions in their home country is legal. Why can't they fly the flag of their homeland?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has she gone there and checked it out? BTW, pool tables and foosball?!? what no heated pool and sauna?

8. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good point!

The cheapskate Dems won't vote the money for a better lifestyle for these illegal immigrants and thus no heated pools and saunas.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Try me....what’s your wager

10. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only if they are fleeing being persecuted by their own government. Run of the mill crimes done by their fellow countrymen is not a reason for asylum here.

11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    There is no mandate in our Federal Constitution to provide these things.

True asylum seekers should be treated humanely and even though they are not fleeing persecution by their own government, they are being treated humanely. They have food, water, a clean bed to sleep in and medical care. Good grief, what do you want us to do, put them up in the Hilton Hotel with room service? If they don't like the accommodations we provide then they should just stay home. I am tired of us being the boogyman when we are going beyond the call of duty by even letting them all in in the first place!

Just a quick question - how many families have you offered to take into your home and provide what they need? How much have you given to the charitable organizations that work in the Central American nations? I await your answer.

#91 Adonia, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  12. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so you have a versatile arsenal of evasions, including answering with non sequitur. But what does that prove here? Nothing. You see, that's the nature of non sequitur.

OABTW, again, you are right not to defend that nonsense about 'performance only,' as you yourself conveniently ignore it, as evidenced by your comment about Biden. And BTW, that's not really a 'BTW,' as that was what I initially challenged you on. You've managed to evade several times, for obvious reason.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You may be do for an unpleasant surprise

14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Was Chris Christy a never trumpet? Then when was the last time he met with these conservatives?

15. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He prosecuted someone in the Trump family, right? Trump might carry NJ. His voters have higher incomes and more education than Dem voters.

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jerrods daddy, Charles Kushner and the guy is loaded.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hmmm. That sounds downright evil, brother.

18. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, yeah, I remember now. They bought an office building in downtown New York and are having trouble renting the space. Real Estate is an illusion. It is taxed to death in Indiana. Values are abnormally high based upon location and not condition of the building so that the lazy government employees won't have to look for a job. Downtown Indianapolis is full of empty buildings that have been sitting vacant for two or three decades. Office building space is a buyer's market. People are moving out of Indianapolis due to high crime.

19. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where do you get that idea? Suppose a country is overrun by a drug cartel? What if gangs are in control?

20. RighteousnessTemperance&

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what if members of those gangs and drug cartels are the ones seeking asylum in the guise of the average citizen in order to gain a foothold in the US?

• Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.