1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Trump's Veteran Affairs Chairman: Charity Money Not My Problem

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Apr 22, 2016.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remember in late January when Trump skipped a Republican debate on Fox News and had a charity event for veterans on CNN that same night? He says he raised $6 million for veterans. But only about half of that money has been distributed.

Here's another instance of Trump "I surround myself with the best people"....
    --------------------

Three months ago Donald Trump held a fundraiser for wounded veterans and apparently raised $6 million. But most of that money has yet to be distributed and Trump’s chairman for veterans issues couldn’t care less.

Trump campaign’s adviser for veterans issues can’t account for $6 million raised for veterans charities by the billionaire—and from the sounds of it, couldn’t care less.

“I could ask, but it’s not high on my priority list,” Al Baldasaro, a New Hampshire state representative, told The Daily Beast.

Baldasaro played a major role for the Trump campaign in New Hampshire and has been outspoken in the press and on the campaign trail ever since. In fact, he helped deliver money to one veterans charity, accepting an oversized novelty check from Trump on stage at a campaign event before the New Hampshire primary. Soon after, he delivered a real $100,000 check to local veterans charity Liberty House. But he says he doesn’t know where the rest of the money went, and in essence, that it isn’t his problem.

“I don’t track that,” Baldasaro said. “I’m not concerned about it, because I know [Trump is] an honorable, honest guy… you guys just want to say, ‘gotcha.’”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/04/22/trump-vets-chair-charity-money-not-my-problem.html

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump skips debates because he can't debate. His negatives are higher than Hillary's. Trump should clear up his charity deal right away.

In Iowa, Trump was unable to field a team and so he lost. Supposedly, except for Nevada, Trump wants the federal government to force the GOP to hold primaries in all states because Trump can't figure out how Iowa, Colorado, and the other states work. He turned out to be just another New York City loudmouth.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Trump-Lectured-Cruz.jpg

• Like Like x 1