1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trying to find a church home

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by ntchristian, Nov 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Particular

Particular Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You say great scripture, yet you can't see the answer to who is a child of God in the verses I shared.
    Do you need Kurzweil or Jaws? I would guess the Baptist Board is ADA compliant.

• Like Like x 1
  2. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You are the one who asked me how to be a child of God. The verses only say God wants you to be his child. God wants you to NEVER SIN AGAIN too. I provided the answer JESUS CHRIST GAVE. You want to undermine Jesus. His answer is perfect. You not satisfied with the word of Jesus Christ?

YOU say Jesus is a LIAR?

"Do you need Kurzweil or Jaws?"

No I just need God to download Calvinism in my brain. Have you figured out what "conceive" means yet? you can ask mommy how it works.

If I believe in Calvinism, I would have to be stupid to be frustrated with anyone who didn't understand it.

3. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope, the verses tell you who is a child of God. Your verse says how you can recognize the righteousness of a child of God. You need all of scripture to understand.
    There are only two possibilities for why you cannot see what God is saying. Either you are obstinately fighting against what God says or you consider God's word to be foolishness. I am not your judge.

• Like Like x 1
  4. utilyan

Site Supporter

Scripture clearly states : so that you may be sons of your Father. Do you need Jaws to read it for you?

Again the best evidence you can ever provide is personal testimony rather then the story of how you were taught things are suppose to happen.

I'm betting your own conversion doesn't follow the order of salvation your theology teaches.

5. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do humans become children of God? By what means does the adoption process take place? The answer has been shown to you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. utilyan

Site Supporter

All you did is quote Paul stating God's motive. I quoted Jesus Christ on how to do it. If Jesus Christ is wrong, Say so.

7. ntchristian

ntchristian Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I spent the last month or more visiting local Baptist and Pentecostal or charismatic churches. Since my views seem to be somewhere between these two denominations, I limited my visits to them. I don't know if I resolved anything. I asked one Pentecostal pastor if I didn't believe that tongues was the initial sign of baptism of the Holy Spirit, would that be a problem in my becoming a member. He answered that it very well might be. And in one Baptist church I visited, the pastor preached penal substitution, saying that God punished Jesus in our place, etc. I almost couldn't sit through the service.

I know I can't be Orthodox anymore, but I can't believe the Protestant views of atonement. Closest I could come would probably be Governmental theory. So I don't know where that leaves me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems you want to be your own boss and have your own church. If not, you will need to submit under the authority of the church in which you are a member.
    The question for you is whether you intend to live life as a rogue Christian or as a member of a local body of Christians.
    What does the Bible tell you about Christian community verses individualism?

• Like Like x 1
  9. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Why do you think I've been visiting churches, if I want to be my own boss and live as a rogue Christian? If you can't be helpful, why don't you just be quiet?

10. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why then restrict yourself to a narrow band? Why reject all who do not fit your exact requirements?

• Like Like x 1
  11. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was not trying to do that. I was just trying to be realistic and choose the best fit, taking into account the denominations that I could go to close to where I live. I know I won't find any who fit perfectly.

The ones I have to choose from around here are Methodist, Presbyterian, RCC, Pentecostal and charismatic, Baptist, Episcopal, Nazarene, Church of Christ. There are Lutherans in some college towns, but those are too far away. So, since I now hold to believers' baptism only, do you suppose I should still consider those denominations that baptize infants? That one belief right there, believer's baptism only, would seem to limit me to three of the ones I listed above. And even if I could allow for infant baptism, I couldn't allow for apostate leftist mainstream Christianity.

So it seems I must choose between Baptist, charismatic/Pentecostal, or Church of Christ. Oh, I just remembered there are a couple of SDA churches about half hour away, but I don't think I could consider them.

So, do you see my situation? Do you have any suggestions? Seriously, I welcome any constructive input, as I need all the help I can get, including prayers. I wouldn't want to live as a solitary Christian.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you're in quite the pickle. If I were in your shoes, I would probably keep visiting churches and read up on the Atonement to double check my views.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    My suggestion is to grow relationships with Christian neighbors and worship with them. You may not agree on every theological position, but you grow in fellowship with those who you live amongst.

• Like Like x 1
  14. utilyan

Site Supporter

We are your church NTCHRISTIAN.

Pick the worst one and go there. It'll be good for you. You can find a saint and an idiot in every denomination.

Time to grow up, step out of this idea of teams. us vs them attitude not good for you.

Get YOU straightened out with God. Act like God is on your side for once, understands totally what you are going thru, has actually got your back.

Ask God where you should go. If a bird poops on you, go to the Catholic church. You'll know the signs.

15. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I will definitely keep visiting churches. But my atonement views won't change. I've studied the issue in depth, more than any other doctrinal question because I consider it of central importance.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think that is quite a good suggestion. But what about major doctrinal differences, even if only a few of them? For example, what if you lived in a community of Roman Catholics, or Lutherans, or any other that you had major differences with? Could you become a part of that?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    May I ask what denomination you are a member of?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Particular

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could worship with them (if this is the only option). I could not become an active member on the roles.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No!

20. ntchristian

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    That makes sense.