1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Trying To Understand KJVOnlyism

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by preacher4truth, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the ORIGINALS are what the KJVO are making the KJV be!
    THEY were the only "authorized" word of God to mna directly, and the original language texts that we based versions off are the infallible texts, thus infallible versions off them!

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see once again the KJVOs have skeedaddled from a thread that exposes the "private parts" of their myth...its lacka SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT, its man-made, cultic, dishonest origin, the falsehood of its individual points, etc. etc.

This calls for a victory dance.

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, KJVOs, you show your lack of sincerity by giving up so easily.

OTHER READERS, especially those trying to decide whether to believe KJVO or not...

You can see for yourselves that the KJVOs have no valid arguments to support their myth.

Now don't get me wrong; the KJV is an excellent English Bible translation, and happens to be the MOST-PRINTED book in history, counting the AV 1611 and all the subsequent KJV editions. Mao's "Little Red Book" nor the Koran, in all its editions, even comes close. I greatly admire the KJV and use it often, but I am fully aware that it's NOT the ONLY valid English Bible version out there.

So, while I don't diss the KJV, except to point out a few of its booboos to prove it's not perfect, I have nothing but CONTEMPT for the evil KJVO MYTH.

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

And there we have it. There is no proof for KJVOnlyism.

5. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The indisputable man-made origin of KJVO has been plainly presented; its facts can be easily verified with little effort. (I verified them the hard way, in libraries, before these PCs came along.) Plainly, KJVO is NOT of God.

The various points of KJVO have been proven wrong. The KJVOs themselves are constantly inventing new excuses as the ones they present are tagged out before they can get close to first base.

We see that some are in thrall to this myth, so badly that their matto could be, "My KJVO Doctrine, Right Or Wrong".

We see a whole trend developed around a false premise, a trend that has wrecked churches and doubtlessly pleases Satan immensely. We see ordinarily-intelligent men and women make themselves appear quite foolish by trying to defend the indefensible.

We, unfortunately, see some who claim to be Christians telling outright LIES in trying to justify that doctrine.

IMO, the KJVO myth is almost as bad as the false doctrines of 'salvation by worx', 'faith/prosperity', modalism, and a host of other false, man-made doctrines. No Christian should believe that garbage, especially BAPTISTS, who pride themselves on Sola Scriptura and believing the Scriptures LITERALLY.

I'm glad to see forums such as this one, with a large readership, where the falsehoods of KJVO can be laid bare in a form that anyone wondering about KJVO's varacity can study and easily discover those falsehoods for themselves.

6. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I agree with you on the point of being glad that this is a forum with a large readership. To put it another way, I have no problem with the first three letters, the KJV. If one wants to read that Bible version and learn about the Lord from that version, that is fine, It is an accurate enough doctrine to understand the nature of Jesus Christ and the Gospel.

Where we start to agree is those who add the "O" to the KJV. It is no ones business what I read, or what anyone else reads other than themselves. As I have said in other threads, I read the NKJV for reading in church and the NIV for studying at home. I also have a Bible reference book, and a book to translate Hebrew and Greek words, since I have no knowledge of these languages.

Personally, I think two areas in this forum has caused more division and harm than any other subject, that being the KJVO people, and those who harp on Calvinism vs free will. They never talk about anything else, and every thread without exception ends up in name calling and insults.

7. preacher4truth

Let's not forget those who harp on politics incessantly will pop into a DoG thread to tell them they harp on it too much and tell them to talk about something else, and back to their political threads they go. :laugh:

Anyhow, it's apparent no one can prove the KJVO claims. :thumbsup:

8. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

In another thread, I was trying to make a division between those things in Scripture that are absolutes, and those things that are individual beliefs and are no one else's business. Absolutes are things like the diety of Christ, the nature of the Gospel, inerency of Scripture, etc. Those things that are individual beliefs are things like KJV and other versions of the Bible. The problems, divisions and name calling comes into play when these theological geniuses try and make the individual belief catagory absolutes. One of these days, their ten foot nose stuck in someone's face is going to get chopped off. LOL

9. preacher4truth

Agreed. I do however believe that some should be warned against KJVO and some horrendous Bible versions such as The Mess & the New Simplified Bible.

I think in some instances it would be dangerous for some to build doctrine off of the way these versions read. Imagine attempting to convince them of error and they won't budge because that's what their Bible says and because God spoke to them. :love2: