1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two Arrested In Alabama Church Fire Cases

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by BroTom64, Mar 8, 2006.

1. In His Grace

In His Grace New Member

Hey everyone,

I know it's a sad and wrong thing for these churches to have been burnt down, and my heart and prayers go out to their members.

I thank the Lord no one was injured or lost of life.

But we should all pray for these young men, for their salvation first, and that the Lord may have mercy on them for doing this very, very, stupid, stupid, thing at such a young age.

Not that justice shouldn't be done, but we must show them the love of Christ at this time as well.

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Tonight's newscast said that they were supposedly hunting in the area. The first two were set as the "joke", the next three were an escalation, and the next 4 were set as a diversion. The 10th church hasn't been definitively connected to the first 9 and may end up as a separate case.

Evidently, "escalation" means they had so much fun with the first two they just couldn't stop. I guess after the 5th they either got tired or couldn't find anymore churches to burn.

I'm still torn between sorrow at the waste of 3 young men's lives and anger at what they did. The news also mentioned that if they were convicted they could be sentenced up to 45 years in prison.

What a shame.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I dont think they will make their college graduation.

4. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

Is not this a graphic example of how sin takes us over and we can no longer control ourselves? Just as one lie leads to another and another and yet another, to cover our tracks, so also the cheap thrill of burning a house of God becomes addictive. How many fires would have been enough to have satisfied their urges? Probably that number is infinite.