1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Two Cops Hold Down 110 lb College Student, While Third Cop Releases K-9

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by poncho, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just won't admit it, will ya? We could dress them in pastel pink and have them drive clown cars, and we'd still be asking them to put themselves between us and some drug-crazed thug with a gun who won't even remember how many people he shot at last night. When was the last time you asked a logger or a fisherman to do that?

Do I think they need to wear military-style clothing and drive up-armored vehicles? In my personal opinion, no. But I'm not on the city council or in the decision process that authorizes those purchases. Ask those local governments why they're allowing it.

Til then, let's look at what job we're asking them to do, shall we?

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I got a better idea why don't we think about it in the proper context instead, shall we?

I don't know about you Don but I have never asked any of them to put their life on the line for me. They volunteered to do it.

They wanted the job. No one forced them to take it. And they knew before going in that it might be dangerous. So to set here and listen to them constantly whine about how dangerous their job is leaves me with just one thing to say to them.

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

#22 poncho, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, Poncho, they volunteered to do a job that our governments (federal, state, and local) decided were needed and necessary. The governments, on behalf of and representing the people for which they are responsible, then advertised that they needed people to do these jobs. That's when these men and women volunteered.

You want to put it in proper context, start with the base reason, not with the people taking the jobs. If you don't want police, petition your local government to do away with the police department. It's worked for at least one city.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

And they knew before hand that it might be dangerous when they volunteered.

If they want to feel safe on the job find another job with less risk involved. Just quit all the whining.

Yeah I put it in perspective then you tried to take it back out.

You said and I quote . . . "If you don't want police, petition your local government to do away with the police department."

Hyperbole? Really Don?

I never thought of you as a person who would use such a devise to win an argument. Learn something new every day I reckon.

I never said "I don't want the police".

What I have been saying is they volunteered to take a job they knew before hand may involve risks so they have no legitimate reason to keep whining about the risks they volunteered to take on "our" behalf.

And there is no legitimate reason they have to look and act like an occupying military force to do their job satisfactorily. And there is absolutely no legitimate reason for allowing them to violate our constitutional protections and liberties to make their job easier.

I guess the real question here is how many more constitutional protections and liberties are you willing to give up to make it easier and safer for a cop to do his/her job?

Do I have to go into a long drawn out history lesson to remind you of what happens when there is no limits on governmental power?

#24 poncho, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2015