1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Two major objections against Non-Calvinists answered

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Skandelon, Nov 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh yes:thumbsup:

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right again:thumbsup:

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, your post did not address it

I addressed it in two posts (#96, #97)

No, we do not agree on this issue and that is precisely why you refuse to deal with that section of the post although it is has now been resposted five times and yet without response. That text teaches very clearly TOTAL depravity and TOTAL inability and you do not believe that. You dare not address it because it will expose your false teaching as your denial of the irresistable work of the Holy Spirit is founded upon your denial of the TOTAL depravity and TOTAL inability of the fallen nature.

There is nothing in fallen human nature that can be appealed to before (Rom. 8;7-8) or after salvation (Rom. 7:18).

Truth defined as proper information cannot free anyone spiritually from sin but only a creative act by the Person of truth - 2 Cor. 4:6.

The gospel as INFORMATION cannot make anything live that is spiritually dead - James 1:18 but it must be empowered by the creative will of God.

Just because I deny the irresistible nature of God's work in reconciling the world to Himself, doesn't mean I deny the need or enabling nature of that work! <----When you think I haven't sufficiently responded to your post re-read this over and over again.[/QUOTE]

You either do not understand the true nature of fallen man or you are perverting the Word of God and there is no third alternative. Remember, this discussion began with me asking you to define the fallen nature of man. You refused to do so, as your response was simply that man needed to be reconciled to God, which is no definition of the fallen nature of man. Hence, I supplied a Biblical definition which thoroughly repudiates your view of man's fallen nature. If you think not, then I challenge you to address my response line by line. You have not done so up to this point although this makes SIX times I have requested you to do so.

#143 The Biblicist, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Why play this silly little game! YOu know very well that I did not say this. So why act as though I did? Neither did he say this ministry of reconciliation was given to the world did he? He said neither! Follow the pronouns if you really want to be truthful in your reporting of scripture:

18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
    19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Do you know the difference between "us" in verse 18 and "their" and "them" in verse 19 as opposed to the pronouns "you" and "ye" in verse 20???

Let me approach this another way. Do you believe the church members at Corinth are included in verses 17-18???? If so, would that mean they are no longer in need to be reconciled to God in verse 19 but have been reconciled to God through faith in Christ?? How then are "YOU" and "YE" in verse 20 still in need to be reconciled to God as those already new creatures in Christ (v. 17)?? Isn't it self-evident how if you simply read the two letters? You really don't believe that the "their" and "them" in verse 19 are the same "you" and "ye" in verse 20 do you? Show a little integrity with the scripture please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.