1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two New Political Parties?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Oct 4, 2006.

?
  1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If it were in your power, and it would really make a difference, would you be in favor of an alternative to both the democratic and republican party, and coming up with two new parties that had integrity, cared about the American people, and were free of special interests?

Any thoughts?

#1 saturneptune, Oct 4, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2006
  2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I dont think you want to abolish parties. In this country people have the right to be a member of any political party. You can not say from now on nobody is allowed to be Rep or Dem

Also there are hundereds of political parties (I dont know how many). You can be Libritarian, Constitutional, Communist, Green, Independent, etc.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I think its time for both of them to go. The republicans deserve to lose and the democrats cannot do the job. Yes, you can belong to any of those parties, and yes you can be a republican or democrat. You can also sell your soul to the devil.

Yes they can be abolished. When Americans get enough of it and their nonsense, they will disappear.

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

When Americans quite voting for them they will die. I agree and wait for that day. But when you say "Abolish" I think of outlaw or ban. I guess that is not what you mean.

—Synonyms suppress, nullify, cancel; annihilate, obliterate, extinguish;

If you are saying it is time for Americans to find somebody else to vote for I agree. Either another party or better yet somebody better in the partys. If we just had better people in the parties then the problem would be solved. I am not sure the canadate for the (fill in blank) party is any better then the Rep or Dem party.

5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

You point on the word abolish is well taken, and I edited it.

6. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

I guess what I am trying to say is it is not the party. Making a new party will not cure the problem and the new party will still have interests. The problem is the people who are runing for office. We are forced to vote for bad or worse. We need good people who are willing to run.

Special Interests. What are Special Interests? I have had the term defined as any interest that we do not agree with. That is the truth. Name one thing that polititions do, one law, one bill, that are not special interests to someone.

Are the things you want your politions to do Special Interests? You bet they are.

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

My definition of special interest is some group or some maybe powerful entity that can influence a Congressman to vote a certain way beyond the influence of the individual citizen.

My main concern is the total lack of morality, integrity, ability to lead, and caring for the American people in the infrastructure of both parties. They are power hungry, self serving, slobs, to be nice about it.

8. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Two new parties

The Republicrats and the Demolicans

9. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

For the most part I agree. Time for Americans to wake up. It is going to take something big though. Something to rally people.

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Like a new 9/11?

11. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What does 9/11 have to do with the corruption of the two parties?

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Energy wasted on getting rid of the two parties could be better spent.

Parties arent corrupt. People are.

You cant get elected without the right amount of money. And the only way to get the money is to have donors supply it.

A person of complete integrity cant hardly make it because they cant get the money. If we want to make elections "fair" we would have to fund it through the tax payers and everyone gets an equal share. Allow no candidate to take any donations.

This will not completely assure all candidates will be men of integrity but it will allow the ones who are to get in as well.

I am not necessarily saying I completely support this but it is better than doing away with parties which is futile.

13. Blammo

Blammo New Member

We, the people, are definately part of the problem.

People who vote for the guy who wore the orange vest, and carried a gun in the commercial.
    People who vote for the guy who told the garbage truck not to come into our state.
    People who vote for the guy who said, "I support this issue", and didn't pay attention to the votes that said otherwise.
    People who do not pay any attention to what their elected officials are actually doing. It's all about who talks good, looks good, or has the best commercial.

Incumbents are part of the problem.

Why should they care what we think? We keep electing them over and over again regardless.
    Why should they do what is in our best interest? The longer they are in, the more power they get, and the more "gifts" they get from special interest groups.
    Why should they solve problems? Problems are what they use to keep getting elected.

The partys are not part of the problem.

As someone said, "The problem is the people who are running for office". We need to quit voting for "party", and start voting for "person". Whether that person is a Republican or a Democrat should not make the difference.

One thing is certain, we need new people in there.

14. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Parties are made up of people. The present power structure of the two parties is beyond reform.

15. Blammo

Blammo New Member

I know that, and I agree with you. Unless we get all these old, power hungry, good for nothing, empty suit, repulicrats out of office, we will not see anything change. I just don't think the labels are the problem, it's the people.

16. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

If it were really possible, then perhaps I would be in favor of it. Right now we know the devil with which we came to the party.

I haven't been enamored either party for quite a while (ok I haven't even liked them).

We did have a guy run for state representative here and he called one day when I was home to sway my vote. It worked. We talked for an hour. He answered every question I had. That's part of what I'd like to see. He also seems to have tried to do what he said he would.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is already at least one - the Libertarian Party.

www.lp.org

18. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

The Libertarian Party could be great if it would abandon some of its more extream views. I am all for goverment staying out of peoples lives but not to the extent that it says it is ok to smoke week and murder inocent unborn babies.

The Libertarian party is far from free of special interests.

I do like Vox Days vision of a Christian Libertarian Party. A combonation of the Constitution and Libertarian parties.

If I misunderstand the Libertarian position, let me know.

19. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

20. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

How do you feel about 'Public Education'? The three "R"s? Language? Spelling? History? I am just curious to know, since that is one point that the Libertarian Party regularly makes. I would also like to know, as Language Cop has graded your post with his red pencil, and the grade he assigned is "C-".

Ed