1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two Police Suspended After Putting Elderly Protestor in Hospital

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Steven Yeadon, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In tactical situations everyone keeps moving, especially the front row. There were others bringing up the rear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Tactical situations!? Wow. They are police officers not Seal Team 6. Getting to the crux of the issue here aren’t we? You don’t know what you are talking about either. You render aid immediately. I’m getting to where I don’t want to hear about tyranny ever again from this board. You seem to have become apologists for it.

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No. Baseless charges that this cop used excessive force needs to be countered with the truth. The video is clear, there was no "hard shove" by the cop. The old man stumbled as he was moving backwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, this was a tactical situation with the police out to clear the area. The old man was someplace he should not have been, right in the path of much younger men all geared up. Why wasn't the old guy on the side protesting, if he was chances are what happened wouldn't have happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You have no idea how much force was used. Full stop. You or I don’t have that ability to garner that from the video. So much serving and protecting going on in that video. Such courage.

6. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Clear out the area? My haven’t we all become little champions of tyranny. Three weeks ago you were all whining about COVID restrictions and now here you are in full on bootlicking mode for tyranny. You wouldn’t know what a tactical situation is. If that is your definition of a tactical situation then that is the biggest snowflake police department I’ve ever seen. They’ve been suspended. Bye bye.

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    All right, you win. Let's just disband all police forces in the nation so no one ever is in a position to get hurt again.

8. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is tactical. They are operating under riot protocol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Steven Yeadon

Steven Yeadon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually the second line has medics and they treated him before the ambulance arrives. The call was for paramedics. This according to CNN. I can't tell if a push was involved, if so that was foolish on such an old man. I'd grab him since he reached at a cop's waist. However, as a momentary bad judgment it shouldn't derail their careers, just reassignment and some lost pay IMO.

10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed. The liberals would be massacred by the low lifes they champion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are like 40 cops there and if you watch the video there aren’t exactly many protestors around. Spare me. This is some cowardly garbage here. Throwing out words like tactical isn’t going to shield you from trying to defend cowards and tyrants.

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The predictable strawman that nobody has made is par for the course. You keep cheering for tyranny you patriot.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They were maintaining a line. You dont let the line be broken. Whether or not the police should have been there operating under riot protocol is a good point to debate, but the officers in question did not make that decision.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who would make that decision?

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A line against the onslaught of nobody they were facing. Lol. Not exactly Omaha Beach there. Please keep the excuses coming. Also if you are going to hang your hat on the “maintaining a line” defense, watch the video. They didn’t hold the line. They ended up just meandering about aimlessly wondering what to do. Cone on man. It’s right there. You can say tactical but I know better. They couldn’t even get that right so that defense is lousy.

16. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Asst Chief, Chief. Someone over those two officers pay grades.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Question the order. Those two officers didnt issue it.

18. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes. There was a curfew that just came into effect and people now in the area were in violation of the law. I understand you do not want laws to be enforced, but I think that they should.

Yeah, and after there is a hearing with the video as evidence they will be reinstated. (At least they should be).

As far as the Covid restrictions, just look at them now, being violated by the very tyrants who imposed them on their states. "People need to keep their distance and people need to wear their masks" said Gov. Wolfe of NJ and Whitmer of Michigan to name two, and there they were out "protesting" with no distancing and with people not wearing masks. Proof positive Whitmer.jpg that their shutdown was purely political.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Steven Yeadon

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm populist, so I'm one of the flavors of independent. That said, as someone who works in and knows tactics. Omaha beach is one of the most gruelling battles in all American military history. The police involved treated it like a tactical situation since they were in riot gear. That looks to have been a bad order, but these police had no choice in that matter.

Now, if they pushed the elderly man that was a poor judgment call, but this seems to be an honest accident more than purposeful overuse of force. If they pushed the elderly man, then they should face some discipline, but not have their metaphorical heads roll.

20. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well said.

• Friendly Friendly x 1