1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Two Women Who Were in Jail with Sandra Bland Share Their Own Opinions About What Happ

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A coroner’s report released last week ruled Sandra Bland’s death a suicide. Now, two women who were with her in jail are telling reporters they also believe her death was suicide.

Alexandra Pyle was the first inmate to come forward, The Blaze reports, and spoke with Houston’s KTRK. She said she was in the cell next to Bland’s, and attempted to comfort her:

“I was like, ‘It’s OK, don’t cry. It can’t rain all the time, it will be all right.'”
    Bland talked to Pyle through a small opening between the cells for the next few days. Bland was upset that her friend LaVaughn Mosley hadn’t shown up to post her bail:

“She said, ‘He’s not answering, it’s going straight to voicemail. I don’t know why, I don’t know why. He said he’s going to be here in an hour, and it’s days later.'”
    The reporter asked Pyle if she believed it was suicide. She replied:

“I’m positive it was, but that’s just me….

I don’t think the guards did anything, for sure. I don’t think she should have been in the other tank alone by herself.”
    A second woman, who was also in jail at the same time as Bland and Pyle, agreed. The woman, who wanted to remain anonymous, told the station:

“Nobody (the guards) went in or out of her cell during the overnight hours.”
    But, she added:

“Sandra Bland was in there for something she didn’t deserve to be in there for, and I think that’s what everyone needs to focus on.

As far as the guards there in the jail, they were really nice. They just did their job.”

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/07/378...utm_term=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

2. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is apparent that Sandra Bland was alive and well when booked into jail. It is also apparent that she was upset about her situation. Jailhouse video does not show guards mistreating her in any way, and other detainees verify that. Also, the first autopsy showed healing cuts on her wrists, indicating prior suicide attempts.

As far as the arresting officer being overzealous in the way he dealt with her, that may be. But I would say that all of us, whatever color, need to show some restraint and respect when dealing with cops, that is unless we want to go spend some time in jail. She refused a lawful order to get out of the car, given several times.

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a prisoner wants to commit suicide, they will find a way to get it done.

Considering how she did it, she evidently wanted to be dead really bad.

That's on her. Nobody else.

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm glad you made this thread. In the trolled one, somebody said something about poor Sandy's useless family looking for a payday. They'll get $500k at the most:

and that's if the jail is found liable. If not liable, there's full immunity, thanks to Texas tort reform.

5. Lewis

Lewis Active Member
    Site Supporter

HERE is new Sandra Bland jailhouse video. It shows her being photographed and given the orange jumpsuit and mattress. Sorry for her and her family.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One by one the race based conspiracies are being shredded.

The bond was extremely low. Wondering why, if her family was so concerned about her, they didn't bail her out. Instead they left her there for 3 days.?????

Makes them look kinda uncaring. Until after the fact. Wonder why?