1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tyler Perry Criticized for Casting Too Many White Actors — Here’s His Response

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When it comes to casting black actors and actresses in TV shows and movies, Tyler Perry is offering a different message than many of his Hollywood counterparts.

Perry, who is the creator of TLC’s first scripted series “Too Close to Home,” was asked by TMZ about criticism he’s received for casting mostly white people for the show that premiered Monday night. “I don’t think it’s fair,” the reporter noted, “but is there something to —”

Perry cut the reporter off right there: “Are you really asking me about that? Are you really asking me about that?”

“That’s so ridiculous, man. People are people.” Perry said. “If you write the story about a woman and man who’s having pain and issues and trying to get over things, it’s the same way for a white person for a black person or for anybody else.”

“People are people, man. People need to let all that go,” Perry added, as he walked away.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...ing-too-many-white-actors-heres-his-response/