1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Economy Unfazed by Trade War

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Calminian, Aug 9, 2018.

1. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Tariff alarmists have some splanin' to do. All their predictions are falling flat.

The idea that the US could lose a tariff war is beyond naive. We hold all the cards. We export very little comparatively. But they just insisted this would be a disaster.

MAGA Mystery: Unemployment Down Unexpectedly… and Inflation!

U.S. Economy Unfazed by Trade War

[​IMG]
    Jobless claims unexpectedly fell last week and price data suggests inflation is still muted.

[​IMG]
    CEOs Said to Encourage Trump to Keep Pushing on Trade Fight

#1 Calminian, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bad day for you to try to convince the readers of this forum about this.

"The ongoing trade war President Donald Trump has waged against world powers, including some of our closest allies, doesn't show signs of slowing down.

Left in the fray: Companies, American workers and consumers.

The list of companies affected, either by planning to close plants, laying off employees, tossing out plans for new jobs or raising prices continues to grow."

These companies might close, lay off US workers because of Trump's trade war

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From the article:

Missouri
    Mid-Continent Nail, laid off 60 workers; SEMO Box, said it would be laying off four temporary workers .

Washington
    About 100 employees were laid off from REC Silicon

South Carolina
    Tariffs could cost up to 4,000 new jobs at a new Volvo plant (not current jobs) but would prevent them from creating "as many jobs as we are planning."

Boy, I don't know if the country will survive! One hundred and sixty four workers lost their jobs!

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, gloom and despair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no doubts that Ken & fellow compatriots would complain & gripe if God should suddenly cause a deluge of silver dollars to rain from the sky!
    They would complain because "--If God had made this PAPER dollars, I could have gathered a whole lot more due to the weight difference!"

Modern dims remind me of the Israelites in the wilderness - !!

No wonder the left is so bitter; it's simply a matter of GRATITUDE for what God has given us instead of a steady diet of "murmuring" for what God hasn't done!! Being thankful generates a much more peaceful demeanor because of the peace in your heart; something the left seems to actively reject!!!

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    very simple... President Obam did or approved of it, is always acceptable. The Trumpster does or says it, always is wrong!
    One was seen as being the Black messiah, other the antichrist...

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not me. I think we should be on the gold standard. An excellent recent book on the subject is “Gold: The Monetary Polaris” by Nathan K. Lewis.