1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. group says president violating Constitution by urging pleas to God

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Grimlock Prime, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

Sometimes Christians don't act right, how can you expect lost people to act right?

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Ballfan, no one knows what was in her mind or heart when she died. Even speculative presumption threatens to take over the role of judge reserved for God alone. Those verses apply to everyone, not just her. And those verses do not negate the fact that no one saved God Himself was aware of the condition of her heart and mind upon her death.

3. LorrieGrace

LorrieGrace Member

EXACTLY!

4. ballfan

ballfan New Member

Ballfan, no one knows what was in her mind or heart when she died. Even speculative presumption threatens to take over the role of judge reserved for God alone. Those verses apply to everyone, not just her. And those verses do not negate the fact that no one saved God Himself was aware of the condition of her heart and mind upon her death. </font>[/QUOTE]We do know what she professed and admitted to. We don't judge but neither are we required to be deaf and blind.

THERE ARE NO DEAD ATHEISTS

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

True. We can righteously judge the way she lived her life. We simply can't judge her salvation.

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Johnv,

When someone tells you flat out that they do not believe in God, do not want to believe in God, and hate anything that teaches about God, and they die without saying another word to the contrary, it is not "judgmental" to suggest they probably are in hell.

Granted, there is a very, very slim possibility that even Madalyn repented and came to Christ on her death bed, but I find it odd that people who don't hesitate to say that someone like Judas or Pilot is in hell, are afraid to say that Madyln probably is.

As an afterthought - while it is right to teach that God would forgive Madalyn if she came to Christ - - - it is also right to remind people that views like Madalyn's land people in hell for eternity.

Of course, honestly, having known the woman, and seen the rage and hate she held, I think she was living in hell already.

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's exactly my point. No one, except God, knows what she might have said, felt, or thought when she died. If, upon her death, she accepted God as being real, and allowed His Son to pay for hir sins, then she's in. Plain and simple.
    I'm not one of those people. I have no idea if Pilate or Judas are with the Lord or not. Only God knows. It's not appropriate for me to second guess.

If other people want to have a second guessing part, they're welcome to, but I won't be attending.

8. freedom's cause

freedom's cause New Member

ask the democrats to please Bray for us oohee
    ooooheee ooooheeee my sensibilities are lacking
    at such a time as this This is a prime example as to why we need street preachers shouting the gospel message to the masses maybe at least a few will get saved