1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

U.S. Senate Fails to Support U.S. Military Personnel

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 21, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This country stopped paying attention to the U.S. constitution long, long, long ago. :tear:

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Why? What job allows a year off in between assignments? I am not sure of one. But the congress can expand the military if they want.

I agree, but I think it reveals the underlying flaw that I have pointed out many times in your position and in Paul's and in people who agree with you (including me to some extent): that only American life is worth fighting for.

I agree that our military is not the world's policemen. But I also believe that life is valuable no matter they live, even in Iraq. So there is certainly a tension between understanding hte implications of the image of God in man and the US constitution.
    That is why my values are gospel centered rather than political.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The U.S. constitution is supposed to be the supreme law in these United States. I know that is not the case, and hasn't been for many decades, but it is supposed to be.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well... at least you see it that way when you can't use it to your advantage.

5. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Actually it is the Ron Paul koolaid.