1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UFOs

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

What are UFOs, are they real or just a figment of people's imagination station? Do you believe they exist? Are they alien beings from another planet coming to visit us to coexist with us? What are they then?

2. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

UFO"S are ultra-fundamentalist onlyist. An acronym used to describe the KJVO,no pants for women,super seperatist,no long hair on men or short hair on women.
    There are way to many UFO's out there and they are real.:godisgood:

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

U.F.O.
    Larry Norman
    He's an unidentified flying object,
    You will see him in the air,
    You will drop your hands and stare,
    You will be afraid to tell your neighbors,
    They might think that it's untrue,
    But when they open up the morning paper,
    They will know they've seen Him too.
    He will come back like he promised,
    with the price already paid,
    He will gather up his followers,
    and take them all away.
    He will sweep down from the sky,
    and some will sleep, but will not die,
    coming back to take you home,
    He will roll away your stone.
    And if there's life on other planets,
    then I'm sure that He must know,
    And He's been there once already,
    And has died to save their souls.
    you will see him in the air,
    you will drop your hands and stare,
    coming back to take you home,
    He will roll away your stone.

4. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Thats good.

I have no idea what UFOs are or if they exist. To claim a massive government coverup to an organization that cannot deliever a letter across town in a week seems kind of incredible to me.

I see no Biblical reason that life cannot exist out there in the universe. If it does, God created it.

If I had to guess, I would say the people that have seen such things are some kind of demonic activity, but really, have no idea.

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That sounds closer to a description of someone who believes in the Holy Bible.

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God." - Deuteronomy 22:5

"Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?" - 1 Corinthians 11:14
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." - 1 Corinthians 11:15
    "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you." - 2 Corinthians 6:17

Regardless, I don't think that was what the original post was referring to.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't beleive there are beings on other planets.
    1. all have sinned, what about them if they exsist?
    2. If they didn't have the fall, (like adam and eve on this planet) then are they sin free?
    3. No one is perfect, without sin but Jesus.
    4. Jesus died for our sins, for God so loved the world, not multiple worlds, or many worlds, or even all worlds.
    5.Jesus' death paid for our sins.
    6. If there are peoples on other planets, and they aren't perfect like Jesus, they are sinners, then did Jesus die there too?
    7. How many times has Jesus died for the sins of each planet with people on it?
    It doesn't make sense biblically for there to be peoples on other plansts.

7. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I would recommend reading Lee Strobel's Case For A Creator. Sound evidence in there from scientists that our situation here on Earth is extraordinarily unique, and the ability for other planets within the universe to support life is almost zero.
    I used to think that there had to be life somewhere, but that stance has softened with time.
    I think UFO's could be demonic in nature, as Satan is always trying to take the focus off of God, and if he can get our attention away from God to beings on other planets, humans are not that unique. Most evolutioinists who believe this are atheist, not coincidentally.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I agree with you for the most part, except #1 and #4. Animals don't sin, and the greek for world is Kosmos, which also translates as universe.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree pretty much with donnA.

I think the "UFO's" are caused simply by people not being able to identify something they see but that other people could identify it or that "UFO's" are the figments of some people's imaginations.

10. Milady

Milady New Member

UFOs? As in things flying that the view is unfamiliar with? Sure!
    Spacecraft from mars? I don't think so.

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Maybe that's why U stands for "Unidentified". ;)

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's why I made sure not to use the word "unidentified". :laugh:

13. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why does asking if UFO's exist have anything to do with the bible or anything religious?

I say that sure they exist, but who knows what they are. I'm sure some UFO's were seen that were actually our own planes. I mean, think about when the blackbird first came out, that was some insane technology that would have never been dreamed of. Can you imagine seeing that thing bolt across the sky? Speaking of which though, just food for thought, have you ever considered how we could have gotten that technology to build that thing? I mean, that was a huge jump, the blackbird wasn't just part of normal progress, just the next step in aviation.

As for life on other planets, sure, I believe there's probably life on other planets. But, who is to say that it's actually people? Why would anybody believe that there are other people just like us at the exact same point in technological advances, on another planet? It makes no sense. Even if somebody can believe that we wouldn't be on the same level and that they're not people, they believe that the aliens are much more advanced than us and still have human-like qualities. Why? It's much more likely that things exist that we can't even imagine, and even if they were advanced enough to have intelligence, we may be well, well beyond them. I mean, think about it. Even if there was an advanced civilization somewhere that happened to be similar to people, they may be going through a period of time like ancient Egypt or something, meaning that no, they can't build space craft and they can't hear our radio transmissions. It's just interesting to think about, most people have this preconceived notion that there is advanced life that is well beyond our capabilities and they have human-like qualities, which was just a made up thought by some science fiction writers but it seems to be sticking.

14. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Well, I guess that all depends on what your take is on the whole "UFO" thing, really. If you believe that there are people on other planets or you believe it is a figment of the imagination. Perhaps they are demons, fallen angels, perhaps in the end of times there will be an increase of spiritual activity, therefore a discussion on UFOs to me seems appropriate. It all depends on your take. Jesus said it will be as it was in the days of Noah. What was going on during the days of Noah?

15. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Or maybe it's as real as real could be and one of our own planes, with nothing to do with religion. There's more possibilities than the two you are talking about. Yes, some people imagine stuff. Yes, some people have seen advanced planes. Maybe some people really have seen alien spacecraft, who knows. All situations are not going to have the same reality.

16. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

2 Thessalonians 2:9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

Revelation 13:13 And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

1. Since Satan is the prince of the powers of the air,
    and;
    2. Since Satan is the god of this world,
    and;
    3. Since Satan has blinded the eyes of many that they may not see and be converted,

I see no reason to assume these UFO's are anything but a massive deception orchestrated by Satan to convince the lost that there is no Creator God who loves them and seeks to save them from their sin.

Yes, UFO's are a real phenomenom but they are not "little grey men with huge eyes come to advance our evolution". Satan is fully able to manipulate the physical world to affect, deceive or destroy men. See Job for proof.

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Ephesians 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

2 Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

What says they have to be people? I think the reference was to life in general. Animals and plants on earth have nothing to do with the Gospel.

18. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If they are here (which I dont believe) obviously they are more advanced than us. I see nothing in the Bible to prevent life from existing out there. I do agree with your point, with our limited minds, we have no idea what form that would take.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

The thread is titled, UFO's, not animals or plants. Have you ever seen animals and plants drive vehicles, become scientists, build (all would be necessary for them have UFOs, or space ships).

20. donnA

donnA Active Member

I believe the UFO's and aliens people see are demonic in nature. From reports of coming into contact with alien beings, the 'aliens' usually tell people there's no Jesus, pick your religion, that type of stuff. Sounds demonic to me, leading people away from Jesus.