1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ugly truth why Hillary Clinton won't quit

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ps104_33, May 7, 2008.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

I did not mean it to seem as if I said that because he prefers africa he seemed muslim. I just didn't state it well.
    It's everything else that seems as if he is a muslim. For one he prefers a church, with preaching and teaching that promote africa, and not Jesus.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

What you mean taxes. You don't have to have paid any taxes in order to recieve the rebate check. They were usging seniors who did not need to pay taxes last year to file so they could also recieve a check.
    Everyone who has a job pays taxes, it's a necessary evil in life.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Really!:eek: Maybe I should leave now while we're doing good.

4. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I viewed the tax rebate as an admission that we have been over taxed or taxed to the point the economy slowed.

What about Condi Rice? I think she would make a great leader but I think she has skeletons in her closet.

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Such as????

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

They promote africa, even from the pulpit, they think everyone should be educated about africa.
    The other day when I read an article about the new pastor there, who is the former assistant pastor, they were bragging about his preaching, africa, anything else, minus bible, which is apparently like the pastor Obama has been following.
    Yeah, preaching Tupac Shakur, makes me feel like worshipping, does it anyone else.

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

Doesn't make it true.
    Economy slowed when gas sky rocketed and then even more when food started going up.
    So, which dem president has ever given the general public money?
    None that I know of. Maybe you know one.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    John F. Kennedy. Ronald Reagan modeled his tax cut program after his.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This attempt by some people to make out that Barack Obama is a Muslim is factually wrong and has to be the most ignorant, most wicked attempt at character assassination that I have witnessed since I have been keeping up with politics since 1964.

What's even worse is that some Christians are falling for it and even promoting it. :tear:

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

Did he send everyone a rebate check, that was my question?

11. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A rebate check is, for all practical purposes, a tax cut - just not a permanent one. For those people who don't pay federal income taxes the rebate check is, for all practical purposes, a subsidy - just not a recurring one.

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

He sure isn't aligning himself with real christianity.
    Next should we examine the beliefs of the CofC and how these do not meet biblical standards for christianity?

Found this interesting.

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-pastors-uplifting-christmas-sermon

This is what Obama is aligned with, muslims, otherwise why is he still a member of a church that is obviously far enough from God that they support and admire muslims?
    http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obamas-mentor-gives-farrakhan-his-award

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-farrakhan25feb25,0,6391391.story

good grief, your kidding, they're concerned about everything but preaching Jesus.
    http://sweetness-light.com/archive/barack-obamas-church-ultra-left-and-afrocentric

#32 donnA, May 7, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2008
  13. donnA

donnA Active Member

My question was about the tax rebate check, and you gave an answer you now admit wasn't true. He did not send out tax rebate checks to everyone.

14. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    1. If one is not a Christian(I regard Barack Obama as a brother in Christ) that does not mean he/she is a Muslim.

2. He is a member of the United Church of Christ(mostly a white denomination, by the way), not the Church of Christ.

#34 KenH, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  15. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I admit no such thing. But feel free to think so if it makes you happy. :laugh:

16. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Good question... Never married? She has a male friend but that the most we know of her personal life.

17. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Condi Rice would have the same problems attracting votes from some people in this country as Barack Obama has even though they wouldn't accuse her of being a liberal - but simply because of the color of her skin.

18. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Not that I agree or disagree with your position but there is something to keep in mind, a muslim american can run for president also. Saying he is muslim is nothing that would disqualify him for the office.

I will agree Wright has some strange attraction to Farrakhan but I don't know how much we should hold Obama accountable for that. Do you approve of all your pastor's associations?

19. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I'd hate to say it Ken but I think you're more right than you know.

That is one of the key reasons many hold Obama Church against him.

20. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I guess I don't see the point, I don't know if it's a good thing to say, "whoops, maybe we've taken too much of their money. Here, take some back".

I personally feel our entire government can use an overhaul and can be modernized to take advantage of modern technologies. The parts that are a waste are not what anyone mentions when we want to reform.