1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

UK cops arrest a preacher for saying Homosexual relationships are sin

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Thinkingstuff, May 3, 2010.

1. RAdam

RAdam New Member

That's not exactly true. While God did lead Paul where he went to preach, Paul didn't go preach to existing congregations all the time. He preached first in the synagogue but after they rejected, which they typically did, he preached wherever. In Athens he preached in the marketplace, which is where he ran into the Epicureans and the Stoics which is how he ended up at Mars' Hill. God opened one door, which Paul walked through to another door, and the end result is one of the greatest sermons of all time.

Paul constituted churches pretty much wherever he went. The Spirit of God was working in front of him, regenerated His children and preparing them for the gospel, yet they weren't converted church bodies until the gospel arrived by the hands of Paul.

If a preacher is led by God to speak in a public place, he should do so. That's exactly what the apostles did. We should also follow their example and shake the dust off our shoes when they reject the message.

2. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

If God wills it, I am willing to not only be jailed for preaching the Gospel, but to lay down my life for it.

And perhaps Paul's preaching on Mars Hill was a bad thing to you? Or his custom to go to the Jew first and then the gentile?

And this UK preacher...who are you to judge whether God led him to preach in the streets? Are you a hyper-calvinist and reject evangelism? Or how do you obey GOd's commandment to preach the Gospel to every creature?

Or is your foolish advise like those who told William Carey that if God wanted to convert the heathen He will do it in His own time and way.

Unbelievable. In the modern vernacular...hate to be you...when I give account to Christ.

3. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Amen and Amen.

4. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You see the problem, Pinoy, is that Jesus didn't say "Go and preach the Gospel but just in the churches and synagogues", did He?

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 28:21 says "Forget ye what I Have just said. Sinners must come into the house of God on their own."

6. Jon-Marc

Jon-Marc New Member

I love facetious humor. How many unsaved people are going to come into a church to hear the gospel? Those who do go somewhere usually end up in a religion that don't preach the gospel but lies of the devil.

Christ's command was to go to ALL nations with the gospel--not to wait for them to come to a church service on their own, which rarely happens.

7. rbell

rbell Active Member

Wow...I guess in some people's Bibles, we find the "not-so-great-Commission."

Not sure how one can sleep at night while blatantly ignoring God's directive to go and tell.

I guess once you ignore His command long enough, you become callous to your disobedience to it.

8. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

John the Baptist lost his head for telling the whole truth.