1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Under Bush, Federal Spending Increases at Fastest Rate in 30 Years

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Correct, it is most commonly believed that Hitler committed suicide.

2. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Considering he was about to be captured by the Russians, I can understand why.

3. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Isn't it amazing that in the end after all their bluster and warmongering Hitler and Saddam were both cowards hiding in holes. At least Hitler had the foresight to use his pistol.

4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Sorry, I missed your reply before I went to Vermont.
    Do you know what is going on in the Sudan? Why would you trust the government of Sudan? Even Kofi Anan has criticized their handling of this matter.

Dropping boxes of food might be a start. At least that would ensure that it gets to the people who need it. Perhaps we could also drop in some weapons so they can defend themselves. Trusting the government has done nothing.

5. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Because it will be a burden? You see, borrowed money has to be paid back someday, with interest.
    Bush is financing his projects with future taxpayer's money.

It wasn't a "windfall". If you owe 2 million, and you have a million, you aren't rich.

For some reason, that didn't work. The deficit is now at historic highs. Bush threw it all away on tax cuts. It certainly pleased his contributors, but the economy took a drubbing.

He left it for Dubya. Who promptly went on a spending spree.

You may have a point. If you know your neer-do-well brother-in-law is coming over, you don't leave large sums of cash in plain view.

6. Pennsylvania Jim

Wow, he can't lose. He implements the Democrat agenda, and his followers call it "stealing the agenda".

I wish the Democrats would start implementing the Republican agenda, the Republicans sure won't.

7. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry, I missed your reply before I went to Vermont.
    Do you know what is going on in the Sudan? Why would you trust the government of Sudan? Even Kofi Anan has criticized their handling of this matter.

Dropping boxes of food might be a start. At least that would ensure that it gets to the people who need it. Perhaps we could also drop in some weapons so they can defend themselves. Trusting the government has done nothing.
    </font>[/QUOTE]So you're saying we do another Iraq?

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Actually Bush has out-democrated the democrats. No democrat ever ran up deficits like this, or spent like this.

And no democrat since LBJ has done so much to advance federal power over the states.

9. Pennsylvania Jim

Yep. The Democrats, like the Republicans, are caught up in partisanship. If they were not, they would realize that Bush is implementing their agenda and vote for him.