1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understanding Genesis 1&2

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by 4Pillars, Nov 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:laugh:

How funny is it this is identical to what I think of your arguments? :wavey:

BTW, I have one question unanswered. Which Biblical scholars support your view that Abraham told a so-called white lie to Abimelech about Sarah being his sister?

2. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show me any reliable scholars who believe this too? I'm just curious because I've never seen it in Scripture in my 34 years of being a Christian - nor have I seen any reference to it by any Biblical scholars. And you're not going to get any proof text from anyone here because they're looking at the WHOLE of Scripture - not just a few words here paired with a few words there. You need to interpret Scripture with Scripture and by that I don't mean the few words but whole thoughts and ideas.

3. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear annsni,

If you haven't notice, I don't take heed from so called Bible Scholars. I read Scripture for what it actually says, instead of what I was told it said. I don't accept the traditional understanding because the traditional understanding CANNOT be supported by Scripture. .

I support what I write with Scripture. No hypocrisy look and read....

God hides nothing from "babes" -- like me....

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Mat 11:25

God has hid the Truth from Godless Evols, Godless Scientists, Christian pretenders and other reprobates, who Think they know more than He.

His Word is Truth to those who know Him. :thumbs:

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So, no one else in the world knows Him because no one else has ever come to this conclusion as you have? You have a special revelation above what any scholar or any lay person has ever read? Interesting.

How can you say that the traditional understanding cannot be supported by Scripture? It IS Scripture - clearly! What you have to do to come to your own conclusion is to take different passages that have nothing to do with each other - other than one being the creation of things and the other being the conclusion of things. All things have been created - God called it 'good' and He rested. End of chapter, then move on. No one else that I've ever seen has ever said what you're stating and I think it's pretty egotistical to say that even though you are the only one who has ever seen this, that it is right. That all those from times past to the present have it wrong.

#104 annsni, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  5. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear annsni,

You falsely assume that your way is better than God's. There are Christians and Tares in every denomination. Christians are those who have been born Spiritually. The rest are phonies.

It's simple to know if one's interpretation is correct. If it agrees with God's Holy Word, true Science, and History, it's as close to the One Truth as is Humanly possible. The fault is Not with God's Truth, but with man's ability to understand it, for His thoughts are far above man's thoughts.

As I have posted before, there's not one truth for Christian and another one for Science. When you find God's Truth, it agree exactly with both.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God's truth does not have to agree with science. God was, is and always will be TRUTH. Scientific views are always changing as new things are learned, but God never changes. Science has to agree with God for it to be true.

7. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear Amy,

Correct, and I agree with you -- that's why I seek the agreement of every other discovered Truth, to measure against God's Holy Word.

As I have posted before, there is Only 1 Truth, and every other discovered Truth MUST agree with God's Truth or we have Not found the 1 Truth.

God Bless

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Nope - I don't assume my way is better than God's. God has given us his clear Word and that is what I follow. Genesis 1 and 2 are quite clear in their interpretation and yours doesn't follow it.

If you look to science to support Scripture, then your authority is not the Word of God but science. If you look at history to validate your interpretation of Scripture, then history becomes your authority. You are right now making yourself an authority over Scripture because you're saying that what Scripture clearly says is not true. Walk up to any child, read this passage to them and they will tell you what it clearly means.

Proverbs 1:7 says "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge;fools despise wisdom and instruction."

Proverbs 12:15 says "The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,but a wise man listens to advice."

Psalm 19:7 says "The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul;the testimony of the LORD is sure,making wise the simple;"

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I was thinking more about this while I was doing the dishes just now. 4Pillars - you say that you are 'non-denominational' and that you belong to the body of Christ - yet you do not say that you are a part of a particular church - the gathering together that we are not to forsake doing as some have done. Scripture clearly tells us to gather with fellow believers for prayer, worship, communion, and laying on of hands, yet you have not told us that you do so. You are under no Spritual authority or teaching as, again, is clearly told to us in Scripture.

Additionally, I see that you believe that there was a "prehistoric mankind" who were here for millions of years before Noah came here and that the "Ark" was some kind of spaceship that brought him here and his children then 'hooked up' with these prehistoric beings and made humans.

All I can say is that you're smoking some pretty strong stuff and, from your fruits, have showed all of us that you are sorely decieved. I will not be involved in 'vain controversies' because they produce nothing. To argue with a fool makes one an even greater fool so.......... have a nice life and I pray that you find the one true God and His truth.

10. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear annsni,

Let me remind you even though we differ in our understanding of the Scripture, the record will show, that I consider all of you as my Christian Brothers - in spite of some of you... do not accept me for what I am.

Matthew 5
    22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

What makes you think that I don't attend worship services and fellowship with other Christian denominations, including Baptist Churches?

May the blessing of heaven rest upon you as well, I hope.

#110 4Pillars, Dec 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2006
  11. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    4Pillars said

THUS INSERTING his own view that "the 6th day will ONE DAY in the FUTURE be completed"

Whereas GOD said plainly --

In Gen 2 --
    1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed[/b], and all their hosts.
    2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He
    rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3 Then
    God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

How anyone could MISS the "compleTED" work of God who THEN chooses to REST on the 7th day is beyond me...

But 4 Pillars manages to do it -- repeatedly!

This is obvious - nothing is left UNDONE here-- it is all stated as COMPLETED!

These inconvenient Bible details are fun to ignore if you are not comfortable with them - but it is "required that you ignore them" if you want to hold to the future insertion that 4Pillar has attempted.

Here is another perfect example of the COMPLETED work of Creation week - NOT incomplete NOT still pending NOT still waiting on completion.

Ex 20[/b]
    8 ""Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    9 "" Six days
    you shall labor and do all your work,
    10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the LORD your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you.
    11 ""
    For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
    [/quote]

12. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

BUMP TO BOB -- any rebuttal?

13. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Proverbs 14:7 "Leave the presence of a fool,for there you do not meet words of knowledge."

14. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He has been "left." I don't think that you will see him again.

15. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear DHK,

Scripture says that those who have not been born again have eyes which CANNOT see, and ears which CANNOT hear. Tell us of your mysterious ability to see into the mind of another. :laugh:

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Laugh all you want, DHK isn;t claiming to see into anyone else's mind.

You're demonstrating your intellect by your posts.

17. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear tragic_pizza,

Your false accusations are surpassed only by your ability to ambush someone you know nothing about. Do you have anything to say or do you just wish to post ad hominems? Is there something you don't understand? or do you choose to continue to be willingly ignorant of the Truth?

18. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Proverbs 14:7 "Leave the presence of a fool,for there you do not meet words of knowledge."

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The eisegesis of 4Pillars is fully exposed in this bit of mythology that he posts here

4Pillars said - "When these prophecies are fulfilled, God's Creation of His Perfect Heaven, will be completed, and brought to Perfection....Finished. Then God will Rest or Sabbath, and He will Cease "ALL His work which God created and made.""

But when we CONTRAST that nonsense from 4Pillar's fiction with ACTUAL scripture we find ...

In Gen 2 --
    1 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed[/b], and all their hosts.
    2 By the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He
    rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done.

3 Then
    God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made.

How anyone could MISS the "compleTED" work of God who THEN chooses to REST on the 7th day is beyond me...

But 4 Pillars manages to do it -- repeatedly!

20. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

4Pillars deleted HIS OWN ad hominem remarks to me???

how kind!

how interesting to insert that note about doing it though...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.