1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Understanding John Owen's argument.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by 37818, Jan 7, 2022.

1. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Think that our friend is stating to us that the salvation done for us by God means that like in Romans 8, from start to finish if fully of the lord, and we really contribute nothing in the salvation process

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. JesusFan

Much of the theological problems within the local churches come form a basic disbelief in the full infallibility of the Bible, and a denial of basic biblcal doctrines!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JesusFan

You are a fellow Calvinist yourself, correct ?

4. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The worst part is, what is being disbelieved is not being understood correctly. The only one any of us can fully deal with is ourselves.

Believing what is not actually true does not make it true. Denying what the word of God actually says and so means does not make the true meaning not true.

5. JesusFan

Many in churches are postmodern in their thinking, and even standard core doctrines are being set aside today!

6. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    2 John 1:9, ". . . Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. . . ."

1 John 5:1, ". . . Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God . . . ."

Jude 1:3, ". . . Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. . . ."

7. CONSPICILLUM

CONSPICILLUM Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My history on Soteriology: Raised “OSAS Arminian”. Became Infralapsarian Calvinist. Retreated to Amyraldist. Embraced Supralapsarian Calvinist. Bailed on anything related to Reformed doctrine. Left formal Church Ministry and Denominationalism for Para-church Ministry. Despised shallow Non-Denominational doctrine. Despised my own Theological Illiteracy. Began 20+ year study of Biblical Languages and Theology. Returned to Denominationalism. Embraced Biblical Monergism from the Lutheran perspective devoid of Ordo Salutis and Limited Atonement.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like you learned a lot of labels. Did you learn of Jesus?

9. JesusFan

Do you agree with Baptismal regeneration as they would hold to?

10. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pardon me for butting in but I heard an Old Line/Old School (Hardshell) Sovereign Grace Baptist preacher who is now with the Lord says this... If the candidate for baptism ISN'T REGENRATED before the are immersed in the baptismal waters, they go in a dry devil and come out a wet one... Brother Glen:)

From one old timer to another, hello Aaron

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. CONSPICILLUM

CONSPICILLUM Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I said this to you, you’d likely take it to be quite condescending and adversarially accusational. I see this forum is no different than other venues in that regard. This comment/question frames everything that is wrong with modern Christendom. But please continue thinking highly of yourself and lowly of others, especially soteriologially.

13. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, there's lots o'big wurds there. We be but humble plowboys. Was that a yes or a no?

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. CONSPICILLUM

CONSPICILLUM Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You’re not humble at all, my good sir. Bye.

15. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you're not pompous at all.:Thumbsup

16. akshaytees8

akshaytees8 New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can sympathize with a weaker stand on "Limited Atonement" because the case from Scripture really is 'circumstantial'. There are a lot of "worlds" and "all men" in verses that require gymnastics to reach the WCF conclusions. There are just too many "His sheep" type verses to drink the Kool-Aid and embrace "Universal Atonement".

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    A few facts. 1) The word of God does not teach any kind of universalism. 2) Jesus gave His soul to save His sheep. 3) Jesus included lost Judas in His new covenant, Luke 22:20-21. ". . . in my blood, which is shed for you. . . ." And Judas was never saved.