1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Understanding the Mark of the Beast

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by NewMusic, Aug 19, 2021.

1. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Rev 13:16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,
    Rev 13:17 so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name.
    Rev 13:18 This calls for wisdom: let him who has understanding reckon the number of the beast, for it is a human number, its number is six hundred and sixty-six.

I'm going to introduce this issue with sufficient evidence to make you aware. This should cause you to ask questions so you can be more fully informed. My history on this goes back to 1982. I've been warning people about this ever since then, and the Lord Jesus has shown me much over these decades that I can impart to you.

First off, the apostle John tells us that it takes wisdom to understand the mark of the beast, meaning it's not obvious.

The UPC barcode is the mark of the beast.

Are you familiar with morse code (dots and dashes to represent the letters of the alphabet)? Well likewise, binary numbers are used to represent all the characters on the keyboard (letters, numbers, symbols).

Now perhaps you are already familiar with binary numbers from being around PC's and maybe even the DOS operating system from the 1980's, etc. Well you then are probably familiar that in computer language the binary system started out as 8-bit, then went to 16-bit, then 32-bit, and then 64-bit code.

As an example, keeping this simple, in an 8-bit binary number there are a string of eight 1's and 0's which represent a number, letter, or symbol, such as:

W represented by 01010111
    X represented by 01011000

So in those 8 positions, you can have either a one or a zero. (More info than is pertinent to this thread, but the reason for 1's and 0's is that when an electron is running down the wire on a piece of silicon on your computer motherboard (or graphics card, or whatever), there are switches on it which open and close. And this can be easily represented when writing software. And when a 1 comes to the switch it opens it up and goes down a path, and if a 0 comes to that switch it closes the switch and goes down a different wire. Or something like that. Computers are not smart at all. It's just that they can process 1's and 0's, the opening and closing of switches, really fast. And again, the strings of those 1's and 0's represent characters, and then words, then paragraphs get sent, etc.)

The interesting thing about the UPC barcode is that it uses a proprietary system. Nothing at all like what is used in typical PC or MAC software code. The UPC barcode uses a 7-bit binary number using this scheme (more to come on next post):

1sAnd0s.jpg

#1 NewMusic, Aug 19, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  2. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now notice, that at the bottom of that JPG file above (my 1st post), the first column are of the digits we are all familiar with, 0 thru 9.

The 2nd column is the 7-bit binary number representing that number on LEFT side of a UPC barcode.

The 3rd column in that chart is the reverse polarity of the LEFT side, and is used to represent that number on the RIGHT side of a UPC barcode.

So let's just look at the number 0, and the binary for it on the LEFT side is 0001101

Reverse those bits and you get 1110010 which is used on the RIGHT side.

So every digit, 0 thru 9, has 2 sets of binary numbers to represent it. One set for the Left side of a UPC barcode and the other set of binary numbers to represent the Right side of a UPC barcode.

Now wherever you have a 1 in the binary number, it gets a black mark when being printed on a product. And wherever you have a 0, it is a white spot.

And so when you have two 1's in a code next to each other, the line that gets printed will be twice as thick as if there had only been a single 1. And if there are three 1's next to each other in a code it will be even thicker.

The infrared scanner scans across horizontally, and so it's the thickness of the lines that matter, not their height.

When the infrared scanner at the store scans the UPC barcode, it is actually reading 1's and 0's by the white spaces and black spaces, and then interpreting that binary number and doing a lookup in the store's database to figure out how much to charge for the specific product that was just scanned.

Now look at this image:

Upc_2.jpg

#2 NewMusic, Aug 19, 2021
  3. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Upc_3.jpg
    Now what you need to understand is that all UPC barcodes have a FRAMEWORK of three 6's on them. Every UPC barcode in the world, used for buying and selling, has this framework.

You will see that on the far left side are a pair of skinny lines, which is the digit "6", and in the very center of the barcode protruding down a little bit, that same pair of lines again, and at the far right those same pair of lines again.

Thus the Framework is comprised of 6 6 6

In between the 6's you have a Side A and Side B. That is, the Left side and the Right side.

The Left side is the manufacturer's ID#

The Right side is the product code ID#

So for example, I'm right now going to go get a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup.

On the LEFT side of the UPC, their ID# is 051000

Those 6 digits, 051000, are each represented by a pair of lines.

The RIGHT side of this can of soup has 012517, which is the ID# for Chicken Noodle 10.75 oz can.

So no matter what product is sold by Campbell's, their ID# will always be the same and displayed in the code on the LEFT side, which would be 051000.

IF the soup was Vegetable Beef, then it would have a different set of numbers on the RIGHT side.

Here's the image illustrating the RIGHT side lines coming from the entire set of Pairs of lines to represent each digit:

But the Framework is always 6 6 6

#3 NewMusic, Aug 19, 2021
  4. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now... this is in fact the mark of the beast.

But how does it work in the near future the way that is prophesied?

Simple: When they create and manipulate the crisis to ration food, or force people into compliance for whatever the propaganda is, you will go to your bank and have them mark your hand with the UPC barcode containing your bank account number embedded in between the three 6's.

So when it is time to buy your items at the store, the cashier waves the wand over your hand, you then put in your security PIN #, and badda bing badda bam, your money is debited from your account and put into the store's account.

There are only 2 types of UPC barcodes used in buying and selling.

I had to get you to understand the one above before showing you this second type, which is usually used on magazines, beer bottles, cigarette packs, etc., and a bit more complicated. But you should be able to follow easily enough, now that you understand the methodology from the one above.

In this Type-2 code, it looks like half the size of the Type -1 code, it still has the three 6's in the Framework, but now it gathers the code from both the LEFT and the RIGHT sides and puts them together. It's easy enough to decipher once you understand the Type-1 code that I showed you first.

Here's the Type-2:

Upc_4.jpg

#4 NewMusic, Aug 19, 2021
  5. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The reason there are 2 sets of binary numbers for each digit (a Left side and a Right side) is so that the Scanner does not get confused when scanning the code.

That is, that if the can of soup is upside down, the scanner and software know the difference from the set of codes for the Manufacturer's ID (Left side) from the Product Code (Right side) and does not get confused.

6. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    IF you adhere to the apostle's warning and counsel, the part I bold-typed

1 Corinthians 4:6 I have applied all this to myself and Apollos for your benefit, brethren, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another.

then you won't fall into error.

For the past 40 years, christians have been claiming that the mark of the beast will be a chip implanted into the hand, or other types of technology. They do not follow scripture.

We are told in the scripture

Rev 13:16 Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead,

The people will be "marked on", not have an "object in" or "object under" the skin. But a mark on...

Stick with what is written and you won't fall into error.

7. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now whoever gave us this mark, the UPC barcode, would help us to identify the beast, would it not, as in the "mark OF the beast"?

Do you know where it came from?

8. Guido

Guido Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see it as no co-incidence that the mark to be used for tracking everyone's buying and selling has the same number as the one found on bar codes used for computers to keep track of purchases. Or is what you're referring to different from bar codes?

#8 Guido, Aug 19, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The UPC barcode came out in the year 1973 and by about 1980 all retailers had switched over to barcode scanners. Then over the next decade Hollywood helped get people used to the idea of seeing barcodes on people through numerous movies and the influx of marketing materials.

There have been many, and for some reason I can only think now of the one called Hitman agent 47, but there were a bunch in the 1980's and many since.

The devil is very sly. He introduces his followers to things very slowly and bit by bit, gets the world used to his ideas.

The system has been ready to go (bank account numbers embedded into the framework of the 6 6 6) since 1980, but the devil does a thorough brainwashing job and will overwhelm the resistance.

10. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I tried to reply to your thread about bibles and Galatians, but I'm not a Baptist so was not allowed to reply. I started a private conversation to you and sent you some links on great bibles. Let me know if you got that.

11. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting theory, @NewMusic. I've heard the theory that the UPC is the Mark of the Beast since it was developed. With all due respect, I must disagree. The UPC is just a scan on a product to help with inventories, etc. The UPC is on the product, not the hand or the forehead. You don't even need to have a bank account to buy items that have a UPC. Heck, I often just pay with cash. I do not believe the UPC points to a man.

I suggest a completely different theory. The "End Times" was the end of the Old Covenant era; the "Great Tribulation" was the Jewish Wars of AD 67-70, ending with the destruction of Herod's Temple (per Christ's prediction in the Olivet Discourse). The Number of the Beast points to Nero. Only those who were aligned with Rome and were "marked" by their allegiance and were able to buy and sell. Note that followers of Christ were also "marked" with the seal of God in Revelation 7:2-8 and Revelation 9:4. Neither the Seal of God nor the Mark of the Beast are literal marks.

Finally, to assume for the sake of this discussion that the UPC is the Mark of the Beast, what are we to do about it? Everything we buy has a UPC. I'm sure you are not suggesting that God would want His children to starve or go without the necessities of life. Is there another option? Where would we go to buy products that do not have a UPC?

12. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you left your mind behind when you read my posts and failed the analysis.

Your comment above is like saying that "A plane is not a weapon. It's used to transport people from one place to another", while failing to see how the airplane could be used by kamikazes in war.

Did you possibly think that I was unaware that UPC barcodes are on products and help with inventories, and ringing out people at the cash register faster?

I just gave a very full explanation on how it is used for product and manufacturer identification and that stores then use that code and assign it a price. What are you thinking I said?

What you must utterly have failed to see and evaluate is the Framework that is on all UPC barcodes and that Framework is 6 6 6.

And the UPC barcode is used for Buying and Selling.

What is plainly obvious from the rest of your post is that your viewpoint has blinded you to the truth today.

13. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Irregardless of whether the events in Revelation point to 70 AD or not, I would still disagree with your analysis. I apologize for coming across as if you don't know what UPC codes are for. I don't mean to be condescending or insulting. However, I still don't follow your logic.

I agree that we should not go beyond what is written. However, I suspect you have done just that when you suggested a manufactured crisis that would ultimately force consumers have their hands marked with a UPC code. As you say, the Devil is very sly. Most Christians would be suspicious of taking the Mark of the Beast. You've obviously studied this in great detail, but I think this is more science-fiction than fulfillment of Biblical prophecy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :Rolleyes:Roflmao:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:Rolleyes:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is not on anyone's forehead and not on anyone's hand as a requirement to buy or sell.

#15 37818, Aug 19, 2021
  16. NewMusic

NewMusic Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Not yet.

And if you would read the bible and stick with what is written, we know, of course, that this comes during the last 3½ years because it is the false prophet who mandates this on the world.

So of course it has not happened yet. The bible tells us when this will begin to occur.

Wake up.

17. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    @NewMusic, earlier you pointed out that the UPC was developed in 1973. It's been nearly 50 years and the "Great Tribulation" is supposed to last 7 years (according to popular opinion). We've gone through financial crises since then, most notably the crisis in 2008. We are very likely to go through another crisis soon. This will not change how we conduct business. We buy more and more items online, so a physical mark on the hand or forehead wouldn't affect that. For in person shopping, we will continue to use our debit cards, credit cards, cash, checks, etc. Neither the government nor any other entity will force everyone to have a UPC code stamped on them like a tattoo. I suspect you are reading into Scripture.

St. John uses a lot of symbolism in Revelation. I suggest that the "Mark of the Beast" is a symbolic term for those who follow the Beast, just as the Christians have the "seal of God" on their foreheads. A sly Devil wouldn't use something so obvious as a literal mark on the hand or forehead, as that is exactly what so many Christians expect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you are 40 yrs late

this was hashed and rehashed in the 1980s

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1