1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unforeseen Consequences

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Wesley Briggman, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Wesley Briggman

Wesley Briggman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 2
  2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is probably a harbinger of things to come for those of us who have any kind of a job left. The Republicans are wrong to say that the economy is going to snap right back whenever this shutdown ends. There is too much economic damage because of debt and the necessary printing of more money that we don't have because we have had a hundred years of overspending. And then the Democrats sabotaged the relief to the poor by forcing them to assume debt to continue welfare for the Kennedy Center, PBS, the National Endowment for Arts and Humanities and other such boondoggle from the demagogue Nancy Pelosi, the face for American abortion. Look at that pitiful Joe Biden--he looks like he needs medical attention himself for his senility.

The Chinese released this virus on purpose as an act of biological war.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My odds daughter is an ER nurse in northern Maine
    She called today and told us the nurses were getting a.more than 10% salary cut.

My job for the time is secure, even though I cant perform stress tests now. I’m calling scheduled patients and rescheduling them as telephone visits

Even when we get up and running things will not be the same
    Only doing priority patients, (high risk) and a significantly lower number with mucho protective wear.

Rob

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know that these things should have been unforeseen as much as just not spoken about. I think these issues (or at least some of them) were always in the back of our minds.

Here is an example of what I mean. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo made a realistic appeal that areas not severely affected to date with COVID-19 send their ventilators to New York rather than keep the machines in areas where they are not yet needed. By the time they are needed New York can send them, and more, ventilators to those hospitals. In the back of my mind is Cuomo's statement that people are on the machines for weeks (he gave the estimate of 21 days) and the time frame other areas have become hot spots. In other words, a city could send away its machines and need them two weeks later but not be able to get them back because they are in use.

That is how it seems the economy "bounce back" is being presented. At glance it sounds reasonable, but just don't look too hard.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is nutz.

Cutting the pay of doctors and nurses during an epidemic.

• Agree Agree x 1