1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Universalism

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Yelsew, May 24, 2003.

1. Smoky

Smoky Member

Thanks a lot Neil and Yelsew. You know, fitting all those scriptures together is a lot more complicated that you'd think, isn't it. It's good to have all three viewpoints, annialation, eternal separation, and universal reconciliation represented on the board. Thanks Ken for the information on the new book. I'd like to read it along with Tom Talbott's new book coming out soon. I've read the first one. I've read Fudge's book giving the annialation view and I also have Robert A. Morey's book "Death and the Afterlife" which I think is back in print now. This one gives a thorough case for eternal separation. Well, God bless all of you.

Warmest Regards,
    Smoke Eater

2. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Yelsew, the Bible teaches that is a man is justified, he is saved. Period. Because to be justified is to be "just as if I never sinned" and "just as if I had always done everything righteously". One in that state is saved and cannot be lost. Period.

Praise be unto God for salvation through the justification provided by the finished work of Christ Jesus. \o/
    </font>[/QUOTE]OK KenH, but it is not sin or the lack thereof that saves! It is FAITH and FAITH plus nothing else!

3. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

One must come to Jesus in repentance and faith. Christian universalism agrees with that. Where you and I disagree is whether or not man has only a few short hours or at most a few short years to do so before being separated from God forever and ever and ever and ever... , or can he do so in the next age.

Praise be unto God for salvation through the finished work of Christ Jesus. \o/
    </font>[/QUOTE]Scriptures are against you one this one KenH.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I respectfully disagree. :cool:

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

NEXT AGE?

Do you mean that time commencing with our physical death, and for believers, ending at our resurrection to reign with Jesus during His millenial reign on the earth. But there will be none who died as unbelievers that are resurrected for this age.

During the Millenial reign of Jesus the Christ? Remember, scripture says that unbelievers who died from the natural life will not be resurrected for the millenial reign of Jesus.

How about after the Millenial reign of Jesus but before Judgement, just before ALL UNBELIEVERS are cast into the lake of fire?

Is there some other age that you have in mind? Maybe something like a return from the lake of fire for a second chance? Of course that would include Satan, the False Prophet, Satan's demons, sin, and evil too! ALL of those cast into the lake of fire would get a second chance wouldn't they?

If you find that in the Holy Scriptures, please post the reference so that we can all learn from it.

Don't forget that Jesus preached in hell to those who had not heard the Gospel message, so that they, too, could be saved by faith under God's grace. There will never be another Crucifixion of Christ, another Atonement, or another burial or another preaching in hell, by the Christ. So don't count on that scenario!

Awaiting your reply as to what NEXT AGE you are referring to!

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is a link to a chart by a universalist. I am not at this time endorsing every detail of the chart, but it does give you an idea of what I am talking - www.saviour-of-all.org/KirkEonChart.html

7. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Amazing, I have lived in places where disruption followed by flooding, followed by earthquake, followed by fire occured in one 24 hour period of time. I experienced that phenomenon twice in my lifetime. I have not, however, made the connection that what I experienced had anything whatever to do with God's creation timeline.

The one who made that chart, made it according to his belief system, and not according to what the scriptures actually reveal.