1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Unlike Bush's 'Google Bomb,' Google Quickly Defuses Obama's

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It took four years for Google to address the "Google bomb" that was lobbed at former President Bush.

But it took the Internet behemoth only a few days to defuse the same attack on President Obama.

Four years versus a few days ... Some Googlers are asking why.

In 2003, President Bush's detractors successfully gamed the Google search engine by arranging to have countless Web sites link the words "miserable failure" to Bush's official biography on the White House Web site.

The result was that when someone typed the search term "miserable failure" into the Google search box, Bush's bio rose to the top of the search results

More Here

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't that the same tactic we see right here on this board?

3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

You think they developed the solution when Bush was in office so it was just a matter of implementing it with Obama? Why does it have to be a conspiracy?

4. targus

targus New Member

No, I think that they didn't bother trying to solve it when Bush was in office and probably thought that it was quite funny.

It became a problem when Obama got into office and that was when they decided to do something about it. Finding a solution probably took no more than a couple of minutes of code writing.

No conspiracy... just another example of media type bias.

I wonder if the fairness doctrine if re-instated will apply to the internet.

After all shouldn't internet search engines produce both sides of an issue - not just one?

5. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It's just too bad that such an enormously beneficial tool like Google, can't be run non-politically, and without the old nature that man brings with him.

6. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I've never liked google!

But this is too much...:BangHead:

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Sure... I bet you're right... :laugh: :thumbsup:

I tell ya, if it doesn't advanced the conservative agenda then they must claim victim status and make it into a conspiracy...