1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Unto Him that Loved us, To Him that Washed us from our Sins

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Greg Gordon, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We do not seem to be on the same page--different planets even. Our basic definitions and paradigms are completely different. The point of this whole diatribe is not what church one belongs to but rather: where we will be in a hundred years?

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

2. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are in the right place. The Roman (Latin) Rite is the most biblical with it's interpretation of the Scriptures in the correct manner.

3. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong, it is important which Church we are in. If you are not getting the correct teaching then you are lost as you progress through this life to get to that 100 year point.

4. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not about making it to a hundred years of age. If we add one hundred to our present ages, we will probably be dead and gone, our bodies pushing up daisies. Where will our spirits be and how will they get there? These are the most important questions we will ever have to answer.

Are we ready? Our next heartbeat may be our last. Extreme Unction probably won't help.

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#24 Bro. James, Mar 7, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  5. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your priorities are wrong. Sounds like a subtle Idolatry of Salvation.

Scripture says worry, Don't worry about tomorrow you got enough evil to worry about to day.

The priority is always kindness, love and compassion. Now if you need God to explain that to you, well then its obvious we need God's grace to get things done concerning you.

His Grace, his spirit, love is what it is.

Not everyone needs a instruction manual to love God. God had some folks at "I" in "I love you"

There is never one time that God started or never has been God the Father.

The only tweaking I want from you is putting love, aka God first in your life, rather then "SALVATION" or "REWARD".

6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not mean 100 years of age, but exactly what you were taking about.

7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God denies the doctrine of free will Himself, as does the Bible!
    God sent the reformation to the Church of Rome, but it preferred to stay in the dark, and teach another Gospel still!

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has chosen for Himself a faithful remnant to get saved, just look at Israel in OT!

9. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is the Gospel then, according to how you understand it to be?

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Jesus Christ is the gospel. Love God and Love neighbor.

The easiest way to say you don't need Jesus Christ for salvation is to say you don't need to love God or Love neighbor.

If you can find ONE difference between JESUS, Loving God and Loving neighbor, it would show me you have a lot to learn about all three.

You cannot mention one with the absence of the other two.

If there is only one instance of Love of God and Neighbor you better be pointing to Jesus Christ.

If you don't have Love of God or neighbor in your heart then Christ is not present there either, GUARANTEED.

11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Only a small portion of Christianity believes the nonsense that God denies the doctrine of "free will". He is all about liberty, the freedom for the individual to accept or reject His saving grace. One can be the worst sinner in the world, but salvation is still available.

12. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You Must be born again, and that is when you receive Jesus thru faith, NOT by loving people first!

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the Bible teaches that there remains right now since the Fall, no real free will to mankind!

14. utilyan

Site Supporter

If Jesus or God did not love you how can you be saved?

John 3:16
    16“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.

You just nod your head to whatever hearing folks say God is love.

But the idea that LOVE actually calls the shots is alien to you.

You say to yourself who calls the shots is it GOD OR LOVE?

Its beyond your mind that who calls the shots is GOD AND LOVE!

You give yourself a how many reasons for not allowing that word "AND".

The concept of both and "and" are alien to you guys, Have any Baptist stopped believing in trinity?
    I could believe that loss of trinity. They can go down the scripture of explinations to stuff like God or treatment among ourselves but the theological possibility of "both/and" never occurs?

The biggest Calvinist failure is quick to believe that God shares nothing with mankind. A monumental failure. that means your placing a price on God, and don't even high price him well the image of god......ITS REAL CHEAP. It was still worthless in function and cosmetic. Says who?

Where does the bible say that the very true Image of God, just a image mind you, turns out to be the most usless image of all? The Calvinist claims it the image of God is the worst image.

It doesn't do nothing for you and you don't share anything with God.

We live by example of Jesus Christ, from early age he sought God, I didn't see a FAITH ALONE guy just bent over and waiting for some spiritual update.

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love did not die for sinners, Jesus did, and the love of God did NOT save anyone, as that was due to His grace!

16. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It teaches no such thing! How you can come up with this kind of stuff is beyond me.

See what happens when you start deviating from Christian orthodoxy? You not only do that, but then you deviate from what the first "reformers" initially came up with. Oh my!

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

Well please show me what love and love of God is.

In my dictionary both show picture of Jesus Christ.

See I'm forcing you to challenge me that you seek the ultimate definition of Love of God.

I say the ultimate definition of love of God is Jesus Christ. By all means share with us what defines love of God better then Jesus Christ.

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are all dead in our sins before rebirth , and as such, due to sinful/fallen natures, no longer to have real free will, as free to do what we want, but now limited as to available options to select from to do!

19. utilyan

Site Supporter

"no longer to have real free will"

When Adam and Eve fell God gives a list of consequences none of the consequences would be worst then having no capacity to do good.

Show us where God says we lose free will.

This penalty is MADE UP TRADITION OF MAN. Simply provide the scripture that says otherwise.

You made up a lot of stuff and provide absolutely NO SCRIPTURE to back your claim. NONE. ZERO SCRIPTURE. 100% UNBIBLICAL.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The sin nature cannot submit to God, nor please Him, nor know the truths of scripture, so limited freedom!