1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Update on "Why I am KJVO" 7/20/01

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Larry, Jan 24, 2008.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

That's not exactly correct. A style was used that is unique to the poster.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Larry: Robecop3,

I think you trying to misunderstand.

Not at all. this is America, home of the brave, landa the free. you may believe anything ya want, no matter how outlandish.

This ain't my first rodeo and I refuse to be bogged down in answering questions that are based upon willful misrepresentation of my original statement.

You've been here almost as long as i have, so ya know whenya make such a statement on this public board, it's gonna be questioned. While you're freeta make such statements or not make'em as ya choose, you must remember that whenya DO make'em, we are just as freeta discuss'em as you areta make'em.

That is a debating tactic and I didn't come hear for that.... I stand by my original statement “Did God let Christians die for words that were not correctly translated?”

Butcha KNOW this is a debating board! you made your statement and it was answered. And we reminded you that the earlier translators of the Bible into English worked at the peril of theit lives, while the AV men worked under the auspices of the KING OF ENGLAND, not exactly a petty or powerless monarch.

\Also, your stooping to name calling concerning Grady doesn't help your case at all.

the facts speak for themselves.

Yes, I have read all of his books, and with the exception that I brought up in my first post, and historical things I had no way of knowing about, I agreed with him before I knew who he was...

Even though he was wrong.

I now agree with him on the KJV being inspired.

Then, you're BOTH wrong. The KJV is no more inspired than any other translation is. You cannot prove any differently, especially since your position has no scriptural support.

You offer Gready statements on Nicolaitans as proof that he if full of it? Your proof betrays the sallowness of your stance. I studied Nicolaitans in the Greek, in the early to mid 90's and I just didn't stop at what the Lexicons said, I looked up the root words and how they were used and what they meant in other places... I mentioned that in one of my reply in this discussion.....
    Grady is right!

Ifya REALLY studied the meaning of 'nicolaitan', you should know it cannot be automatically applied to us Freedom Readers. And mosta Grady's other hooey is simply the same ole blomp from Wilkinson's book, same ole garbage in a differently-colored dumpster.

Please people, search your heart, are you being spiritually prideful? Pride is an abomination to God and you should get it out of your heart if it's there! You assume that because I came to a different conclusion than you , that I haven't considered the same things as you? Why dose the original premise of my post get to you, You don't get bent out of shape every time someone has an opinion that differs from your own do you? I know that emotions run high on this issue , but please don't get in the flesh.

Ya might stop & ask yerself why we get bent outta shape. I can explain it succintly.

As Christians, we have a D-U-T-Y to fight false doctrines by any legal means possible, with every tool God makes available for any of us. And KJVO is certainly a FALSE DOCTRINE, unless one is KJVO strictly be PERSONAL PREFERENCE, ot has noother version9s) available. Being KJVO becausa believing the garbage taught in the KJVO doctrine is placing a doctrine of MAN in authority over the WORD OF GOD.

And, no, God didn't let anyone die for words mistranslated. Men died for trying to bring God's word to their fellow people in their own language.

3. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a bit confused. Where in the Posting Rules or the User Agreement does it say that you cannot post an anonymous excerpt from a Private Message? Where does it say that doing so is cause for banning?