1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Upset Saturday

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Oct 15, 2006.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Auburn knocks off Florida (well, Florida beat Florida).....IU knocks off the Hawkeyes....Mizzou is no longer unbeaten as Coach Fran tries to save his job.....Vandy takes care of a team some picked to win the SEC....USC barely escapes another Pac 10 scare....Alabama survives against Ole Miss.

It was a wild Saturday. Thoughts?

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Vandy beat Georgia between the hedges...

Now can we stop making fun of Arkansas for only winning by 2 at Vandy? :D

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm still trying to get over the fact that Adrian Peterson is out for the rest of the season. Quarterack gone, Heisman-calber running back gone ... season pretty much gone.

4. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Looks like the SEC teams are taking out each other as far as the BCS goes.

5. North Carolina Tentmaker

I do love to see Georgia loose.

6. Inadequate in Myself

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go PAC-10 and BIG-10

I love to see any SEC or BIG 12 team lose. Being originally from the west-coast, I fell in love with the PAC-10 and dreamed of the real Rose Bowl (between the PAC 10 and BIG 10). There's a chance now that rivalry returns this year in the BCS! Whoo-Hoo!

7. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I knew I liked you.

Given their schedule, the dawgs could lose two or three more. This is the first time UGA is not in the AP poll for the first time since 2001.

8. North Carolina Tentmaker

Well of course anything can happen (that is one of the reasons we love college football) but I don't see that happening.

I still see the championship game being a Big 10 Big East showdown this year. Winner of Ohio State - Michigan vs wineer of Louisville - West Virginia. I just don't see any of those four teams loosing except to each other. I don't see USC going undefeated through that Oregan/Cal/Notre Dame November they have ahead.

9. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another game SC should have lost... it is no longer comfortable to believe they'll lose. They are finding ways to win games that should be lost.

UF has won at least one and in IMO two games they should have lost. Now they have lost one they should have won. The real irony would be if UGA turned their season around this week.

The SEC teams are knocking each other off. It is very likely that the two best teams in the country will not be playing for the BCS title.

10. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yep, just another reason why we need a playoff system.

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Oh ye of little faith :)

Now with that being said the schedule certainly doesn't do the Sooners much of a favor with having to play a Colorado team that is on the upswing right out of the shoots without All Day.

Then they have to turn right around and travel to Missouri and then down to A&M.

It will be interesting to see how the Crimson and Creme respond to this one.

12. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah,

The biggest surprise to me was seeing Kentucky get blown away by LSU 49-0. UK has played decent and just when you thought they were on their way up, they get blown away. LSU would have beat anybody that night!

Looking forward to basketball season; both college and pro. Kentucky will be better than last year and the Spurs will be too. I have season Spurs tickets this year!

13. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If LSU was well coached they'd be undefeated and probably a consensus #1 having blown out every opponent including UF. As it is, they are probably on the decline under Miles, held up only by possibly the best talent in the nation.