1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vacation Bible School

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Jun 10, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    77.4%
  2. No, never have

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. No, used to but not this year

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Songbird

Songbird New Member

Yeah...ours is in July. I love it! The theme this year is Outrigger Island. I just went to HI for a missions' trip last month. So, I have shell necklaces and an Aloha shirt to wear. I'll be helping w/the music and there will be hand-motions! OH NO! ---Could lead to dancin' :laugh: --Even our adult class gets in on the act! lol

Bring on the kids (even the big ones)!!!!

#21 Songbird, Jun 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  2. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ours is July 21-25, in the mornings, and our theme is Olympic "Go for the Gold" and I always take vacation from work so I can teach or do the music. Our new Asst Pastor, freshly graduated from West Coast, is in charge....his first church project. :thumbs:

Debbie Mc

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

Want to get the kids in a good mood...put the pastor in a grass skirt. And the church got a kick of me wearing it when i showed the post-vbs slide show on Sunday morning.

4. moeowo2

moeowo2 New Member

I was the VBS director this year and we finished it this week. We did the Power Lab VBS. The kids LOVED it!! We had 3 come forward during the invitation. :godisgood: :applause:

5. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

The church I served as pastor had VBS for all ages, from preschool through adults. However, the one where I am now a member and the one I am currently serving as interim pastor design theirs only for elementary-aged children. I miss the joy of having teenagers and adults in their courses, and used to design special courses for adults, with very good response. They argue that all the youth and adults are needed as workers with the children, but I am not convinced.

6. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is what we did as and kids loved it as well. We ended up having a very nice story written up in the Miami Herald --

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/miami_dade/pinecrest/story/582033.html