1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Various subjects

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by pops, Oct 5, 2007.

1. pops

pops New Member

Hello everyone I could not think of a proper title so I just called it various subject! - I hope this is the correct place for this thread.

1. Are any of you old enough to remember some of the song 'Throw out the Lifeline'? To me this depicted throwing a life preserver to some one who was drowning (sinking) and it has stuck with me many years. Another one that I read about in my studying today was 'The Love of God' wow what a great song. These and others the young folks are missing out on.

2. But I digress If you have read much about mountain climbing (or perhaps you are one) you know they have what amounts to a lifeline in the sense they are tied together so that if someone slips the other will be able to secure the line and save them. I read about a reversal of this situation once as one person on a climb was VERY fatigued but the other two in the group would not give up so they cut the line and left her. Another group passed her by and then one group came up and forfeited their chance to get to the top so as to save this women and brought her back to a base camp so she could be flown out - did anyone say Good Samaritan?

3. Another true story is about a boy from the streets - his sister had been crippled and needed an operation. She got the operation but needed a blood transfusion to save her life. The boy her brother was asked to volunteer and he did. As he watched the needle be inserted into his arm and the life giving blood flow to his sister he asked 'How long before I die?'. He was willing to give his life so that his sister could live as he did not understand about transfusions. Are you teary eyed yet I am!

4. Final topic you recall I asked about witnessing suggestions and I appreciate all that I received! - The only one I have used to date in a conversation is one I read from in this same study I am doing. It is: If you were to die today and come before Jesus and He asked you - What right do you have to enter My Heaven? What would you say' -
    Perhaps one of you can use this question to witness to someone who needs a lifeline.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love both those songs, pops! They come from revival and urge us to witness for Christ, unlike many songs today which simply state Biblical facts. I was just reading recently that the invitation songs used in many conservative churches are very old. No one is writing songs with invitation or service as the theme nowadays because there is no revival.

Good stories too. Thank you for sharing!
    Here in Japan I often just say, "Have you ever heard the story of Jesus?" or "What do you think about Christ?" There is so little knowledge of Christ here other than than He founded the "Christian religion."