1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vatican Ain't Ready For Reform

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by church mouse guy, Nov 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Colossians 2:6-10. By the grace of God I am complete in Christ, and therefore have the only true foundation (1 Corinthians 3:11). You may build on it with prayers to Mary and to saints if you wish, but I think you will find that those very prayers will be part of the wood, hay and straw spoken of in v.12.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The biblical one!

3. OfLivingWaters

OfLivingWaters Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So then what a
    So what are your problems with The Orthodox Christian Churches and their doctrines and the RCC and their doctrines? Point them out and let's test them according to the Word. In so doing we will kill two birds with one stone , and reveal what is true or false from the doctrine you hold to. You must ascribe to some denominational doctrine built upon the foundation? Otherwise you have no hat in the ring to discuss them. Let's find out if it is silver, gold , precious gems or hay wood and straw you gather to yourself. I personally hold to only the foundation wholly . But because of that I can find within all denominations what is true .
    I do not have to hold to any one denomination since I am simply Christian and can cross over the lines which divide them all, PRIDE! I have found though some denominations hold more gems then others.

The scriptures are profitable for making doctrines. That is why I say I am nondenominational and simply Christian. I can find precious gems in different denominations. It is like a treasure hunt and I am a gold digger admittedly . I think God has made my Christian life interesting, when I find a treasure in the field of denominations I put it in my treasure chest. So , what beef do you have with other denominations outside of the one you align yourself with?

4. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On what basis is a lost sinner justified before Holy God, when do they get saved, and the Holy Spirit indwell them?

5. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    First of all a sinner is not justified at all before God. They get saved at their YES , their YES is choosing Christ as their Savior. At the moment that conception happens they grow in the process of being born again. Reaching full restoration, is the bringing to full captivity , all thoughts to Christ and God then fully governs man's thoughts, hence the Father's name inscribed upon the head,-brain.
    Justification comes through works, which shows ones faith.

jus·ti·fi·ca·tion
    /ˌjəstəfəˈkāSH(ə)n/
    noun
    noun: justification
    1. 1.
      the action of showing something to be right or reasonable.
    2. 2.
      Theology
      (the action of declaring) or making righteous in the sight of God.
    3. 3.
      James 2:20O foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is worthless?e 21Was not our father Abraham (justified) by what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith was working with his actions, and his faith was perfected by what he did. 23And the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, and he was called a friend of God. 24As you can see, a man is justified by his deeds and not by faith alone.
    Salvation comes simply at the process of confessing and believing. A man must confess that Jesus is Lord, which signifies his realization that Christ must have full rule over his life with all of His righteous requirements. This confession of Christ as Lord also assumes that it is Christ who will work and fulfill His own righteousness within man.

That is when men are justified , when they do the work of confessing Christ as their Saviour, Faith and Works!

Your turn......

6. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you are not a member of the Church of Yeshua1 you have got it all wrong, got that?

7. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Now... I have given answer to your questions, (again)! We have had this discussion before and the scriptures still support my conviction. So Now, what Orthodoxy and Catholic doctrines are in question to you? I know what is true and untrue in them, but what do you have a problem with that the scriptures can shine light on?

8. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 4:5. 'But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.'

9. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    As usual you take a portion of what is said whether it be scripture or in quoting someone. So, how 'bout you tell me what you think that means ? I know what it means and AGAIN AS I HAVE SAID SOOOOO MANY TIMES BEFORE, THE SCRIPTURES DO NOT CONTRADICT THEMSELVES, THEY CANNOT BE DIVIDED. So, now put the meaning behind your attempt to put one apostle against another.

My money is on: ( YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THE SCRIPTURE IS SPEAKING OF THAT YOU POSTED!)

You know what...., I will say what it means , I have no time for poppycock attempts .

Here let me stand for ALL the APOSTLES , My brothers who do not contradict one another.

Do you pray before you try to interpret the Word? If the Holy Spirit were guiding you , you would not divide the Word.

It is clear you do not love the Word Of God . It is just like the two women in the story of Solomon. Each lay claim of the Child(This symbolizes Christ and it upholds Rev.12) as all scripture upholds the other.

The one who really DID NOT Truly love THE CHILD was willing to divide him. The one who TRULY loved the child would rather surrender ownership than see the child harmed and divided because it would cause the death of the child=loss of life. You act like you own the Word and you have authority over Christ. How? Because you divide the word as if it is yours to divvy up!

The ownership: to give up your claim of OWNERSHIP OVER THE WORD, which the child represents is to allow the KING (God) who decides who has ownership, TRULY. It is self sacrifice, humility, charity , TRUE LOVE which entitles holding and keeping the WORD.
    Abraham's Justification by Faith Romans 4:1-12

(Genesis 15:1-7; Galatians 3:1-9; Hebrews 11:8-19; James 2:14-26)

1What shall we say then that Abraham our father, (AS PERTAINING TO THE FLESH), hath found? 2For if Abraham were justified by works (again pertaining to the flesh), he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 3For what saith the scripture? (Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness).

4Now to him that worketh (ACCORDING TO THE FLESH, LIKE THE RABBIS ) is the reward not reckoned of grace(Grace of salvation, CHRIST which if you do not believe in is not reckoned of GRACE), but of debt. 5But to him that worketh not (he who knows it is not by man's power, that he be saved but by the grace of God), but believeth(HAVE FAITH) on Him (Christ) that justifieth the ungodly , his faith is counted for righteousness. 6Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works, (such as the WORKS that the RABBIS do).

7Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. (Your iniquities are forgiven by Christ, you are covered by Christ.)
    When are you covered by Christ? When you ACCEPT Christ at your Yes and confess Christ as Lord and Savior, this is the Faith and Works of James 2. not the works (like the Rabbis perform who reject Christ).

8Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

9Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also?(Work of the FLESH, READ IN COMPLETE CONTEXT THE SCRIPTURES)
    for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. 10How was it then reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in circumcision,(FLESH) but in uncircumcision (FAITH). 11And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised (GENTILE); that righteousness might be imputed unto them also: 12And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.
    THE WORD OF THE LORD......THANKS BE TO GOD!

#29 OfLivingWaters, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God declares a lost sinner fully justified the very moment believed unto Jesus for their salvation, and He credits and imputes to them the very righteousness of Jesus Himself!

11. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How a lost sinner can be saved apart from the finished work of Christ, as Rome teaches that we must avail of Sacramental graces to get saved still?

12. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is a work, an act, a thought, an action on the believers part. Wow, maybe you are one of those robots which shows up in the (who is on line) when you look in a forum? That would explain a lot concerning your numb inability to know reason and thought is a freewill action ,to believe or not believe, is a work, to believe is a work in faith. Do you have a functioning brain?

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe in Jesus due to God enabling me to be able to do that very thing!

14. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you only had a brain!

15. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Better go back to OZ scarecrow the one who calls himself Yeshua1. For the Yeshua who is the 1 who gave you a brain, is no wizard. You are full of straw from the hay you eat from your false denominational fathers. Keep sticking with your wizards and fire will always consume you, for it is clear God (Yeshua) is not your Lord!

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thank God that He quickened me to be able to receive Jesus and be saved!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't doubting anothers salvation against policy of the Board though?

18. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is that not what you do toward Catholics and Orthodox? Are you now adding hypocrite to your many wonders?

19. OfLivingWaters

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I guess in the land called Oz, hypocrisy reigns supreme in the mind.

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never doubted that individuals could be and are saved by God in those churches, but that is due to Him, as neither churches teaches the true Gospel itself!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.