1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vatican Priest Declares "Yoga is the Work of the Devil"

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by JTornado1, Nov 29, 2011.

1. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

The fact that this is even being discussed here indicates to me that the RCC holds a place of prominence with many Protestants on this board (whether they can admit or not) - which is as it should be. Otherwise, they would completely ignore anything regarding the RCC as totally irrelevant, being unworthy of comment.

WM

#41 WestminsterMan, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
  2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. (1 Corinthians 11:26)
    --You do err. It is held in remembrance of what happened at Calvary, and it also looks forward to His Coming. It is of special remembrance of these things; a very worshipful service.
    False premise leads to false conclusion.
    It is not held in low esteem at all. We hold it once a month and have a deacon asking why we don't hold it more often. It is a sacred service as every service. No service should be treated without reverence toward a holy and Mighty God. The problem in Corinth is that they were coming to this service as drunks and gluttons. Things had gotten a bit out of proportion wouldn't you think?
    I have already answered part of that for you. The second half is just a ridiculous assumption. If I can remember the mass in Latin that was taught to me 50 years ago, I dare say I can remember what happened at the Lord's Table one month ago. Your insults are not needed here.
    That is abuse, for it is abuse of the Scripture in that you have turned the literal meaning of the Scripture into vain imagination and superstition.
    Your opinion and yours alone.
    Perhaps you remember the Bible using the description "having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof." That is what describes the RCC. It was never a Christian organization; old, yes; Christian, no. I don't compare myself to any of those organizations. Why should I?
    Certainly personal opinion by someone who has not looked well into the subject faith of which they are speaking about.[/quote]
    What you just stated is not only opinion but an ad hominem--an attack on my character. I have been there and come out. I have studied it both then and now. But you wouldn't believe me anyway. The only answer you have is to stoop down and call names.
    Salvation is by faith and faith alone. You do not teach that. The RCC teaches that it is by works. Why deny the facts when they are so easily proven through the catechism?
    And how much faith does an infant, only a few days old, have???
    When did Jesus come down from heaven and baptize you or any of your extended family? I really want to hear about this. Jesus did not do this! Some other man did! No doubt a sinful corrupt man called a priest. It wasn't Jesus. And because that priest DID the baptizing, and YOU received the baptism, it was a WORK of baptism. Jesus had nothing to do with it.
    Baptism is a work.
    Reading Scripture is a work.
    Works do not save.
    Only faith in Christ saves; Christ alone can save; Christ plus nothing, meaning that you can't add baptism to the sufficiency of the blood.
    Again, your Catechism teaches: Baptism = New Birth. But that is now what is taught in John 3. There is not even a hint of baptism in John 3:5. No self-respecting scholar would ever interpret "water" to mean baptism. That would have been the furthest thing on Nicodemus' mind.
    Belief in the doctrine of baptismal regeneration will only send a person to hell; only Christ can save. Baptism cannot save anyone; it can only get you wet. Examine yourself.
    What I said:
    "You cannot believe in the Biblical teaching of the new birth and the RCC teaching of the new birth at the same time."
    --They are not the same. The one is salvation to be accepted by faith.
    The other is a work done by man after salvation. Baptism is a work. It has nothing to do with salvation. If a person puts their faith in baptism and not in Christ then that person will not find heaven.
    However, the emphasis in the RCC is on infant baptism. Infants have no faith. Your statement "completion of faith" in that context doesn't even make sense. Baptism cannot complete a faith one does not have.