1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VBS

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by C.S. Murphy, Jun 22, 2003.

1. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

Just curious what part does your Pastor play in the VBS. As Pastor I feel it very important to take a major role in this ministry how about your church?
    Murph

2. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

In our church, all of the classes start out in the auditorium and the Pastor speaks to them and we usually have a funny skit and take up the 'loose change' offering.

Pastor then visits each of the individual classes each day so the visiting children can get to know him and realize he is their friend.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

Our pastor leads in the opening worship rally in the auditroium, and sees kids in the halls as they travel between classes, he is available to talk privately with any who need him.

4. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Pretty much the same here - the pastor (my hubby [​IMG] ) leads in the worship rally, then visits each classroom everyday, letting children reach into the "Grab bag" as the memorize their memory verse (or at least give it a good try).

In our church, the VBS director plans everything and even chooses curriculum w/o discussing w/pastor, which we are trying to change. Any suggestions on how to do that w/o offending the director?

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lead the prayer time. VBS starts at 9, but we require all staff to be there at 8:30. We have three teens (1 inside for toddlers; 2 outside for games and lining up the elementary kids.

All the other staff, including helpers, kitchen, pray. Only responsibility of the pastor is to share a few verses then lead in prayer time.