1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Versions since 1600

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Salty, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a rather impressive list. I know he missed the NIrV. Thast first was published in 1992 and has been updated several times since then.

I have some notes scattered around about some Bible versions that perhaps Vance missed. When I come across them I will list them.

But, modifying the words Mr. Strickland told Marty:"This so-called Doc Vance is dangerous and a real nutcase."

He is an extremist on the subject of the KJV and Calvinism. And he is a good friend of Peter Ruckman. That should clue folks in as well.

This is a quote from the site where he lists those many versions:"So-called 'Inclusive bible versions' EXCLUDE the Holy words of God and CHANGE them!" A nuber of versions have varying amounts of inclusive language. However, there is no warrant for him to make that absurd charge. That's because the ESV,HCSB,NET,NLT,NIV and many other translations all cotain some amounts of inclusive language. They certainly do not exclude the holy words of God. Van is off his rocker.

Vance lists translations up to the year 1996. Yet he lists versions of the KJV till the year 2006. He needs to fill in the gaps.

3. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His conclusion after listing all those versions:
    My conclusion differs : there are "so many numerous bible translations" that I can consult to assure myself that what was translated into my language is properly transmitted and true.

Rob

• Like Like x 1
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJV only folks are a puzzle.

I see from the list that the NASB is Sanctioned & Recommended: Fundamentalists.

Walk into a KJV only church with a NASB, and might just be thrown out in scorn and ridicule.

A deacon who taught Sunday School was giving a lesson, and read from the KJV. He then gave the explanation. Interestingly, the explanation he gave was found in the NASB. A version that he mocked. :(

5. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This list is sometimes misleading. It listed Wesley's English translation more than once.

It listed the 1952 Olive Pell Bible as being a different English translation when it is actually an edition of the KJV.

Its title page noted that the 1952 Olive Pell Bible is "condensed from the King James Version."

In its preface, its editor Olive Pell claimed: "In it the magnificent Elizabethan English of the King James Version has not been tampered with in any way. Not one word has been changed."