1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Very Very Very Depressed Preacher needs prayer

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by GodsRealTruth, Mar 13, 2006.

1. TFC123

TFC123 New Member

I'm probably too late to get in on this but, obviously this man needs mercy and comfort not to berated like Shannonl did.

Shannon, not everyone is as strong as you are, you should encourage this man. Jesus said to preach and baptise in His nameto the all the world. This man is trying and doing as commanded. At least he can admit to his weaknesses. He will be ok depite the harsh treatment he seems to have received. The thing we should do is pray for him not critisize his credentials. This is why I stopped going to Bapist Churches. I saw no compassion in them only judgement. I still follow the theology of Baptists but started attending a Christian Missionary Alliance Church and found what compassion and love was, with the same epistimology. I hope he turns out to be another Billy Graham. God Bless Him.

[TFC123 since you are no longer a Baptist (now CMA) you are not allowed to post in the Baptist Only Sections of the BB. Please restrict your post to the sections that are open to All Christians.]

[ March 17, 2006, 07:57 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

2. shannonL

shannonL New Member

Hey I'm sure he is disappointed that he hasn't been called to a church yet. I feel for him in that regard to a point. Yet he discredits himself along with the degree of depression he claims he is suffering by the comments he made concerning how he can't see how these other preachers are getting into churches and he is not. I mean because he is a hell-fire and brimstone preacher and by all rights he should be in those churches and not these other men.
    This fellow is not so cast down that he couldn't pass judgement of some other fellow or fellows and where they are being used.
    I simply called his bluff. If he is called then he will have to preach. So he should go and start a church or be humble enough to go and preach where ever. Rescue missions, old folk homes etc...
    I did not like the tone of his posts it sounds like self pity not depression. Elijah wasn't depressed he was feeling sorry for himself thinking he was the only one left doing God's will when he found out God had some other fellows just over the hill.
    I just don't think if your looking for empathy for your woes you should at the same time put down others because they are in a position that you long to have yourself.
    I think that is called covetness.

3. TFC123

TFC123 New Member

Calm down Shannon your starting to sound like Joyce Meyers. In fact thats one of her favorte terms Pity Party.

Pary for him

[TFC123 since you are no longer a Baptist (now CMA) you are not allowed to post in the Baptist Only Sections of the BB. Please restrict your post to the sections that are open to All Christians.]

[ March 17, 2006, 07:50 AM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

4. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

DEPRESSION and ANGER...are the symtoms or result of three things.

HURT, REJECTION
    FRUSTRATION
    UNMET EXPECTATIONS

Of course he is going to lash out if he feels rejected and hurt. it looks like his expectations haven't been met and he is frustrated because of the outcome, who wouldn't be?

I am more concern with Shannons uncaring judgmental responce than this pastors letter. how many would be as honest as he to admit he is hurt and struggling with rejection? not many!

I would advice this man to take invitory of of any wrong he may be doing or the way he may be coming across that isn't pleasing in God's eyes or these churches that he is preaching at. we all know that sometimes we need to be told by others our faults because we do not see them. this may be a case where he is blind to his faults when it comes to preaching, but as christians we must be gentle in how we help others as to not bring them down any further.
    I have found that God's will is done no matter how we perceive it to be or how we want things to be. I think there has been a lot of good advice given by many here and some that was hurtful.

FOR BY THE GRACE OF GOD THERE GO I!

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

This thread has been moved into the Prayer Request Forum.