1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured vessels of wrath

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Jun 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    still off topic..this is not about 2thess, or mt 23....it is about vessels of wrath-

2. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    from S.Davies;

In support of this teaching we have this kind of verse of which there are several;

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

What men say, write, post, are working toward their ultimate destiny. They do in time what will be revealed at the last day-

jn8;
    43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?

47 He that is of God heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are not of God

12;
    46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For a vessel of wrath even knowing these things beforehand does not keep them from unbelief in words and deeds

rom2;
    2 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things.

2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;

6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If 2 Thess. 2:13 is off topic why did you, Sir, link to it!!!!!!!!!

Never met a wackadoodle that didn't support imaginary assertions from irrelevant Greek grammar.

Romans 5:19 tells us how we were fitted for destruction.
    2 Thessalonians 2:13 tells us how we become vessels of mercy, through faith in the truth. Only agenda driven commentators could miss the obvious.

4. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    still off topic, do not talk about the greek, or AA, will come and silence you once again...you still have no idea about the verses you offer...

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "taint so" and "you don't know" responses are both discredited and off topic. Claiming verses he linked to are off topic is just another dodge, more shuck and jive from those engaged in obfuscation.
    Just read 2 Thessalonians 2:13. It says God chose people for salvation through faith in the truth. Now there are a few translations where the text has been adulterated, but stick with the NASB, NKJV, and LEB.

And folks, post #57 addresses an argument found in one of the links posted. Somehow the link was not off topic, but the rebuttal was. Go figure. attachFull676

Attached Files:

6. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Another day.....another off topic post....address what is offered by the links. No one is interested in your wrong view of election.....that is not the topic.....

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just read post 57. The "off topic" rebuttal is false, misleading, and disingenuous. The claim that link is on topic but the rebuttal is off topic represents unadulterated twaddle. :)

Never met a wackadoodle that didn't support imaginary assertions from irrelevant Greek grammar.

Romans 5:19 tells us how we were fitted for destruction, we were made sinners.
    2 Thessalonians 2:13 tells us how we become vessels of mercy, through faith in the truth.

8. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Post 57...off topic then and now....
    Can you not understand the op?
    Show the link you speak of.....in context..

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ROFLOL, you posted the link but did not even read it!! Good golly Miss Molly.

Clue for my clueless friend, post 57 came after post 56. :)

#69 Van, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  10. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

LOL....of course I read the link DR,VANTWADDLE....lol.....but the link uses the 2 thess vs correctly, in the midst of a biblically solid presentation.
    !( verses were correctly offered....not just the one that you abuse.

It does not surprise me that you do not understand it, that is why you try and inflict your unbiblical semi -pelagian open theism ideas here.....
    No one is buying what you are selling, twaddlemaster....nobody....let's look at this truth as you seem bent on disrupting this thread anyhow. Here is the relevant portion;

You do not get it......the verse is speaking of what God ordained before the world was....not your retarded...crediting our faith during our life here and now. This is imbecilic, stop saying it, or start your own thread. No one but you believes it...nobody.
    I do not need to read such error....you have posted it dozens of times...no one believes it.

I would suggest that you have nothing to add to this thread.....
    In fact I can only think of 2 or 3 times where you had positive imput.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Since we are obsessed with turning this into a 2thess 2 thread here we go;
    From Grant Richardson;
    http://versebyversecommentary.com/about/

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Alan Alda??? Alcoholics Anom., ?????

13. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    CHS;

http://www.spurgeon.org/sermons/0041.php

14. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Archangel

15. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    R.A.Torrey;

16. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Robertson's Word Pictures in the New Testament
    2 Thessalonians 2

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is he still around? I hadn't noticed. That's a guy I like.

18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Pay no attention to how Icon describes un-referenced Greek grammar discussions. my view prevailed in the actual exchange.

2) Now 2 Thessalonians 2:13 is on topic. So each and every "off topic" charge was false, misleading and pure obfuscation.

3) "Personal attacks will not be tolerated. The board has an edit button enabled. We encourage you to use it and edit your own words. Moderators and Administrators will be visibly proactive in dealing with potentially offensive situations. Posts of a violent or threatening nature, either implicitly or explicitly, will be deleted, and the poster's membership revoked. We encourage personal problems with other members be resolved privately via email or personal messaging."
    a) "You do not get it.."
    b) ".not your retarded..."
    c) "This is imbecilic, stop saying it, "

Having lost the debate on its merits, Icon has resorted to insults and personal attacks.

2 Thessalonians 2:13 teaches we were chosen for salvation through faith in the truth. No amount of off topic insults will change the message - unconditional election is bogus.

Romans 5:19 tells us how we were fitted for destruction, we were made sinners.
    2 Thessalonians 2:13 tells us how we become vessels of mercy, through faith in the truth.

19. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am glad you know the rules.....I was not sure what a clueless wackadoodle was.....I did not see it in vines word studies.....
    They used 2 Thessalonians for vessels of mercy if you can follow the link.....
    You are just trying to disrupt the thread to no avail.
    Those in the links are all bible commentators trained in the Greek language ....but you despise them....
    You still have not shown you can address the topic.....

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation was planned established and accomplished in timeless eternity why sweat the "is" the "was" or the "will be" in the here and now?

#80 HankD, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.