1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veteran Groups

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I found this on Quora

Will American Legions and VFW’s in the next 29 years see a large loss in memberships?

In 29 years they will both be defunct operations with no membership. They’ll probably die out before the Vietnam Veterans of America dies out. And while a member of both, both need to get out of the way so Veterans can be better represented by the other groups.

The VFW should have lost it’s charter behind how it treated the Vietnam Veterans. Same as the American Legion for this matter. And both need a foot up their asses for ignoring Women Veterans. And we shouldn’t even entertain allowing the OEF/OIF/GWOT Veterans an exclusive group so they can spread the cancer which doomed the Legion and VFW. And the cure for the Legion and VFW’s attitudes towards the Vietnam Veteran started with a short life span but a dedicated Mission. The Legion and VFW should have both been Nationally apologized to the VVA and entered merger talks.

But I digress but the great American sin, America refuses to fully and finally address will probably see some emergency measure get thru the next Republican Congress to save both.

Open for discussion

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know. The chapters of both in my local town have very few veterans as members. Most of folks who hang out there are not veterans and the places are nothing more than bars with a bunch of drunks. When I worked at Sheriff's office, had to go to both quite regularly to break up fights or arrest the winners of the fights.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have heard that a lot of younger men -(SW Asia) as well as Vets from Nam - just
    dont join like the WW II and Korea vets do.

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist