1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Veterans License

Discussion in 'Vets and Friends' started by Salty, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about this ideal

Military personel of the Federal forces, National Guard and State Militias would be authorized a military/veterans DRIVERS license - issued by the US Govt via the Veterans Administration thu the VA Police.
    Veterans would be able to maintain this license provided they have a general or honorable discharge.

1) The VA would not provide a drivers test. The VA licence would only be issued by turning in a valid State/Commonwealth license.

2)There would be no charge for this license

3) The license would be valid for 5 years and renewal would only need an eye test

4) Purpose:
    a - Military personel would not have to renew a license while stationed outside their HOR
    b - a benefit for honorable service with the military. In addition, Vets would not have to get a new license
    if moving to another State/Commonwealth

I realize there would be some more wrinkles to iron out, but what do you think of the basic ideal

Fee free to post some of those wrinkles.

#1 Salty, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    For what concealed carry? I'm not in favor of licensing for simple ownership and transportation in a vehicle.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was referring to a driver's licence - I edited post to include a second time of the use of "drivers"

4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, FOPA was supposed to take care of that but some states (NJ in particular) seem to have missed the memo.