1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Video of President Trump meeting with Hurricane victims

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Calminian, Sep 3, 2017.

1. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Criminal" is an elastic term. If you let your grass grow beyond a certain height in many cities, you can be fined. If you speed, you have broken the law. If you shoplift a $10 watch at Wal-Mart, are you are criminal? (Wal-Mart is a no-holds-barred retailer and will call the police for an orange.)

If you speed and don't get caught, are you a criminal? My city outlaws tobacco use at public parks. If you sneak a puff, you have broken the law, although the police will never enforce it because they have better things to do. My car was sideswiped by a driver under the influence. No charges were filed, but she was still guilty. Was she a criminal?

You mowed a few lawns and made $100, which you didn't report as income on your tax return. That's against the law. Are you a criminal?

2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Criminal is not elastic. If you break the law, you are a criminal. It doesn't matter how petty you think the law is. If you speed, you are a criminal. If you steal, you are a criminal. If you drive drunk or don't report income, you are a criminal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OH NO!

No gray!? Just black and white?

Oops Am I a racist?

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, guess that answers those questions.

6. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Is that what you vote on? A candidate's theology? Not only is the not wise, it's not biblical. You're applying a pastoral test to a governing authority. You're applying Timmothy/Titus when you should be applying Romans 13.

Christians can certainly be governing officials (police officers, judges, legislators, presidents, etc.), but they're not always the best qualified, in fact some are downright inept (Jimmy Carter for instance).

I look at qualifications for the specific job. I don't care if my kid's doctor is theologically sound. I don't care if my mechanic is theologically sound. Can they do their job? Are they good at it?

The idea that the Church should push for Christians to take over the government theological folly. There's nothing is Scripture to support this. Governments were created by God long before the Church existed and have very basic, specific functions. If we're biblically sounds, we'll know what those functions are and vote accordingly.

I think Trump my be on the path to becoming a Christian and pray for that, but that's not why I voted for him. I want a President that understands the basic God-ordained function of government. If you don't know what that is, study Romans 13.

#26 Calminian, Sep 7, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Trump understands government? That's preposterous. He has demonstrated that he knows NOTHING about our government, the constitution or how to relate to the other countries of the world. No, I don't vote on a person's faith but I do look at his character and his experience. Trump is a disaster on all counts. Are you proud of having a president who talks about grabbing women by the p***y or who had an illegitimate child by his second wife before he was divorced from his first wife? Our current "first-lady" posed nude for the cover of Gentleman's Quarterly Magazine!

Our allies (UK, France, Germany, etc.) can't believe that the U.S. has fallen to the level that we would elect this kind of a man. A man who's never done anything for anyone else and who is controlled by obtaining money, power and sex. He lies incessantly and changes his position almost daily. The worst part of this is he lies about being a Christian but puts on a cloak of Christianity to win over gullible right-wing Christians.

There is absolutely no comparison between this imposter and President Obama and his wife who always acted in a respectful, presidential way. Now even Trump's own crowd, the fabulously rich of Manhattan reject him because he's a disgrace to them as well.

#27 FollowTheWay, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We are not proud of any of his sins just as we would not be proud about any presidents sins (I am a former JFK Democrat).

By president Trump's choice of SCOTUS he has proven he is not a baby murderer.

HankD

#28 HankD, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Calminian

Site Supporter

No. Nor am I proud of the Apostles Paul's persecution of the Church (far worse than Trump's sins). Nor am I proud of King David's sins of both adultery and murder. Nor am I proud of my past sins.

Are you proud of Obama's cocaine use and past sins?

You're promoting legalism. Paul said,

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. (1Tim. 1:15)

That kind of humility is in short supply in today's Church.

It's not about past perfection it's about current direction. Trump has many past sins, but has switched sides on the abortion holocaust and is now fighting on God's side. We are now 1 appointment away from being able to legally challenge Roe v. Wade for the first time in, what, 50 years? Obama is a staunch supporter of the abortion holocaust. The American abortion holocaust has surpassed the sins of both Hitler and Stalin. It is perhaps the most grievous sin ever committed by a nation before God, and Trump's appointment of Gorsuch may be primary the factor in God delaying His judgement. Yet the Democrats and Obama, whom you support, have made it their primary litmus test issue. And you're worried about Trump's divorce record? I believe we were on the verge of judgment. I thank God for Trump's victory.

#29 Calminian, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So that's the ONLY thing that matters to you? Then accept the fact that Republicans are responsible for passing Roe vs. Wade.

11. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I choose to use Biblical discernment and recognize Trump as the most anti-Christian man I've ever seen eloected to the Presidency.. Fine. Support that view.

12. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Interesting. This post was edited because it linked to a picture of the "first lady." i absolutely agree with the administrator's judgment that she is noone for America to be proud of especially Christians.
    [​IMG]
    Your post in the thread Video of President Trump meeting with Hurricane victims was edited. Reason: Link to inappropriate content

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have publicly here and other places.

I am not a Republican but a former JFK Democrat.

Around the time of Roe vs Wade, I disconnected from ALL political parties and I suggest (its just a suggestion) that all folks do the same and drive the pollsters CRAZY! :Roflmao

Small "i" independent is my only label, I even avoid the "conservative" label which causes a lot of eye-rolls and sighs from my wife :) An EIB junky.

HankD

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Name one political figure we can "be proud of" and OBTW only do so if you know the details of their private life.

Personally I am not "proud" of any president in the sense of a "perfect life".

Also, I wouldn't want to march my sins one for one with ANYBODY (or expose them) as a measure of morality.
    Not our First Lady, not anyone's.

Judge not...

HankD

15. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So the morals of our first family mean nothing to you? Did you oppose going after Bill Clinton for his philandering?

16. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you a criminal?

17. Calminian

Site Supporter

And aren't you just as bad as the 70's Republicans (and Dems and others) you're calling out? The American abortion sin is, perhaps, the greatest holocaust of our age. It surpasses all other atrocities I know of. Trump changed course and opposed it, and might have a chance to end it if he gets another key appointment. Do you really think God is on the side of Obama and Clinton and Jimmy Carter and Planned Parenthood, etc.? Do you really believe God thinks they're more righteous than those who oppose the greatest holocaust of our age? Where does this reasoning come from?

18. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you really believe that if the Republican Party really had made it a priority to change the abortion law in America they would have done something about it in 45 YEARS?? How long must we wait? 100 years? And by the way, Trump's stance on abortion was again just a political trick to win the election. Here are his real thoughts on the subject and others:

19. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Uh, Roe v. Wade was not "passed" by anybody. It is a Supreme Court decision (410 U.S. 113 (1973). It was a 7-to-2 decision.

The Court was made up of:

Potter Stewart. An Eisenhower (liberal) Republican.
    William O. Douglass was a Roosevelt Democrat.
    Warren Burger was a Nixon Republican.
    William Brennan, Jr. another Eisenhower (liberal) Republican, was known for being a leader of the Court's liberal wing.
    Byron A. White, a Kennedy Democrat.
    Lewis F. Powell Jr., a Nixon Republican.
    Thurgood Marshall, a Kennedy Democrat.
    Harry Blackmun, a Nixon Republican.
    William H. Rehnquist, a Nixon Republican who was also an anti-federalist.

Only Byron R. White and William H. Rehnquist dissented.

20. Calminian

Site Supporter

FTW, do you not see the elephant in the room? You are fighting them on this! Yes, it is conceivable that pro-lifers can be thwarted by pro-abortionists. We have a democracy and so far, the abortionists are winning and you're fighting proudly along with them. Think of all the presidencies you've supported who have fought tooth and nail to make sure this holocaust continues. And now you're complaining that pro-lifers aren't getting it done?

Trump overcame your opposition and now we're one appointment away from being able to challenge RvW. This is despite your resistance. And Trump proved it wasn't a political trick when he appointed Gorsuch.

The question is, when will you stop trying to thwart pro-lifers? When are you going to switch sides like Trump did and get on the right path?