1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Video Shows Woman Ignored While Dying in New York Mental Hospital

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Revmitchell, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Filmproducer

Filmproducer Guest

Deplorable! This makes me sick and just emphasizes some of the many problems with our healthcare system.

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

It appears as soon as they knew about it they tryied to do something. Thos other two women(pateints) sat there for 45 minutes and saw her in the floor and did nothing. As soon as hospital staff knew they rushed to her.

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with Donna. The other patients seem to have just sat there for a long time before one finally goes out to the nurses station. It appears from the video we see that they responded quickly.

It is surprising to me that no nurse or doctor walked by during the 45 minutes and saw the woman on the floor. As we do not see all of the video we really cannot make an accurate judgement on this. If the lawyers show only the clip we see, then I do not think it give them a strong case.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

She's over in the corner, hidden by the wal that seems to seperate the room from the hall, and it appears the room is at the end of the hall(outside window almost behind the woman in beige), so it looks like unless a person was going directly to this room, they really wouldn't be walking by. I agree, as soon as they knew about her they responded and tried to help. The fault seems to be with the two other people in the room, they saw her in need of help and did nothing.

6. Sopranette

Sopranette New Member

Well, I'm a little shocked that the woman in beige didn't say anything. Unless she's heavily medicated or catatonic, she still would've been able to say something to somebody, if just "oh, by the way...". She doesn't seem to react until the gurney shows up. And who's supposed to be watching these surveilance camaras, anyway, or are they just there for show?

love,

Sopranette

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think in most instances no one watches cameras, they are there incase video is needed for a crime or to identify someone, etc. When you suually see a camera no one is usually watching, just taping.